- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible environment.
- Fixed term contract role based in Melbourne or Sydney
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
REA is evolving how it leverages data and technology to deliver benefits for customers. After the acquisition of Hometrack in May-18, and following large growth in recent years, we are now looking for an experienced Senior Delivery Lead to provide agile delivery leadership for our Squads as part of PropTrack’s Engineering team within REA family.
PropTrack provides property data and technical platform solutions to customers in the financial and government sectors. The Engineering Team within PropTrack works together to deliver solutions to our internal and external customers. It is the core delivery centre for developing solutions to meet customer priorities and align with PropTrack’s technology strategy.
What the role is all about
- End to end delivery of complex initiatives and projects under our PropTrack’s product management pipeline using agile methods and frameworks working with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Leading initiatives and project scoping and capacity planning for multiple squads.
- Actively contributes to a continual improvement in the process of delivery, design & product.
- Managing team’s iterations, scope, capacity, stakeholders' communications, risks, issues, and timelines.
- Build effective relationships with other Line of Business and other group stakeholders for the benefit of the tribe.
- Contributing to the management of the tribe’s overall program of work.
- Take ownership of tribe initiatives outside of project scope.
- Aligns teams in the tribe to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Building happy and productive teams.
- Designing and managing effective agile delivery processes.
- Contributing to the leadership team of your area.
- Managing financial reporting for your squads.
- Advocate the Tech Strategy.
- Contributing to the REA project delivery knowledge base through blog posts, brown-bag sessions and coaching less experienced members of the team.
Who we’re looking for
- A successful track record and proven experience working with software delivery teams using agile methodologies
- 5+ years of experience leading technology projects using broad range of agile methodologies and in a variety of settings, including distributed teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced leadership, coordination, motivational, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Project management skills, ideally with program management experience
- Advanced stakeholder management experience (internal and external)
- Understanding of web technologies, data management and complex IT systems
- Advanced skills in line managing and mentoring people
- Experience leading technology projects and initiatives using broad range of agile methodologies and in a variety of settings, including distributed teams
- Technical experience in software development delivering data products as a developer, business analyst and/or similar is highly desirable.
- Exposure to residential property data models.
- Experience of delivering machine learning and data science solutions.
- Practical knowledge of agile software delivery methodologies and ability to experiment with ways of working.
- Experience influencing and coaching disciplines new to an agile environment.
- Deeply curious and passionate about technology with an interest in data science, machine learning, and data engineering. Hands-on experience delivering machine learning and data science solutions would be a bonus.
- A love of developing and mentoring people.
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. We're proud to be Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. While we're looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a bit more through our various social channels?