- Experience Hybrid working arrangements in a flexible environment.
- Permanent role based in Melbourne.
REA Group is not your average digital business. From humble beginnings in a garage in Melbourne’s east in 1995, we have grown into a leading global digital business, specialising in property.
With bold and ambitious goals, we are changing the way the world experiences property. No matter where you're at on your property journey, we're here to help with every step - whether that's finding or financing your next home.
Our people are the key to our success. At the heart of everything we do, is a thriving culture centred around high performance and care. We are purpose driven and collaborative, which drives innovation and our ability to make a real impact. As such, we’re proud to be named in Australia’s “Top 5” Best Workplaces two years in a row, as well as being recognised as a Best Workplace for Women.
Where the team fits in
The Customer Channels tribe is responsible for the primary channels via which we deliver experiences to our customers, this includes Ignite, Partner Platform and Agent Admin. The tribe currently has 4 squads, 2 Ignite squads and 2 Listings squads. Ignite is our strategic channel for customer self service, and the Listings squads manage our strategic b2b customer platform and our core listing processing systems.
Delivering customer experiences and listings is a core function of our Australian business, so the Customer Channels tribe works closely with many other teams across REA to support the delivery of a diverse range of products.
What the role is all about
- Form a part of the IT leadership team for Customer Channels & Experience team, as well as the Listings Tribe leadership team where you will be jointly accountable for its health, happiness and performance.
- Positively contribute to the culture of your team, build engagement and morale, be involved in recruiting, set structure and processes and build and maintain a high performing team.
- Line management responsibility for up to 6 REA team members (across Sydney and Melbourne), who will require you to mentor them, identify skill gaps, establish development plans and conduct performance reviews.
- Facilitate and drive the end to end delivery of initiatives across cross-functional and distributed agile teams (‘squads’).
- Take the lead at the inception phase to ensure that initiatives are scoped, planned and resourced appropriately.
- Work closely with our Product team to facilitate scope and priority conversations.
- Be responsible for the day to day operations of the team, balancing platform health and custodianship with the delivery of new features.
- Keep senior stakeholders informed and engaged, manage risks and issues and coordinate releases.
- Manage external and internal delivery dependencies.
- Incident coordination and communication.
- Provide advice and thought leadership to ensure successful design and implementation of technology strategies that align with LoB and wider REA Strategies.
- Work with our Tech Leads and Architects to assess new technologies and ensure our technology decisions align to REA best practice and can be operationalised.
- Manage and ensure an appropriate level of system health
Who we’re looking for
- Practical knowledge and experience of agile software delivery methodologies
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Practical experience running Platform teams.
- Developed leadership, coordination, motivational, negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Developed project management skills, ideally with program management experience
- Developed understanding of complex systems
- Experience in line managing and/or mentoring people
- 2+ years of experience leading technology projects using broad range of agile methodologies and in a variety of settings, including distributed teams.
- Technical experience in software development projects as a developer, business analyst or similar highly desirable.
The REA experience
The physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our people is something we’ll never stop caring about. This is a place to learn and grow. We’re committed to your development – both professionally and personally. Your experience with us is something we take seriously.
- A hybrid and flexible approach to working - https://rea.to/hybrid-working
- Flexible parental leave offering for primary and secondary carers
- Programs to support mental, emotional, financial and physical health & wellbeing
- Our Because We Care program offers employees volunteering leave, community grants, matched payroll giving and our Community Café donates 100% of revenue to charity.
- Hack Days so you can bring your big ideas to life
- Performance recognition programs because hard work should never go unnoticed
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe teams with diverse ideas and experiences are more creative, more eﬀective and fuel disruptive thinking - be it cultural and ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other identity or lived experience. We know diverse teams are critical to maintaining our success and driving new business opportunities. If you've got the skills, dedication and enthusiasm to learn but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch.
If you like the sound of us, then we think you should apply today. We're proud to be Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. While we're looking at your application, and preparing to come back to you with an update, why not get to know us a bit more through our various social channels?