Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About Incident Response Engineers
We’re seeking talented individuals who will be responsible for shaping what security engineering looks like at Canva by building out our capability for detecting and responding to threats targeting our software and systems. Our Security Engineers are responsible for performing security assessments, building the tooling to detect and respond to threats, and advising our development teams on how to bake security into our products and features.
About the Security Group
The Security Group is responsible for protecting Canva systems and data from information security threats. Our teams work together, and with other groups, to deliver preventive and detective controls and processes that reduce security risk. The group runs programs across Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Risk Management, and Threat Detection and Response domains.
- Actively respond to security events from detection through to resolution, including the rollout of solutions and mitigations to prevent a recurrence
- Actively monitor Canva’s internal and production systems for possible attacks and intrusions
- Proactively run threat detection exercises and search for anomalous behavior
- Build out and develop the tools and foundations for security incident alerting, management, communication, and response
- Maintain incident response documentation, participate in post incident reviews, and contribute to incident reports
- Participate in the on-call roster for security incident response
- Assist in the promotion of a security mindset and the establishment of best practices with across a wide range of security areas: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, and incident response
- Identify trends, research, new technologies, and emerging threats models, which may impact the business
- Contribute to projects that enhance the security positioning of the business
- First and foremost, have a curious detective mindset and be driven to solve ambiguous problems with simple solutions
- Proven experience in Security - Engineering, Operations, Incident Response, Analysis, or Threat Research
- Knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and a working knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Exposure to the cloud! Ideally AWS, but GCP or Azure would be completely fine!
- Documentation, communication, and stakeholder management skills; the ability to work alongside technical and non-technical colleagues
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.