Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Canva is looking for a new Corporate Counsel to be part of our highly motivated, tight-knit, and collaborative global legal team. This role will be responsible for supporting Canva’s transactions and corporate governance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a corporate attorney looking for their next growth opportunity.
Your Day to Day:
- You will lead M&A transactions, including drafting and negotiating transaction agreements and working with cross-functional teams on due diligence and integration.
- You’ll support financings, secondaries and tender offers.
- You will advise on various securities and governance matters, including public company readiness efforts.
- You’ll work with Canva’s treasury and accounting teams to run Canva’s inter-company agreements.
- You’ll support Canva’s global expansion efforts, including incorporation of entities in new jurisdictions and managing subsidiary governance.
- You will provide pragmatic and risk-weighted advice for internal team members on corporate matters.
You're Probably a Match If:
- You have a tenure of experience practicing corporate law for high-growth tech companies, either in-house or at a firm.
- You are licensed to practice law in California
- You have good judgment and a collaborative, flexible approach to problem-solving
- You have the ability to communicate sophisticated matters effectively and provide pragmatic advice that is risk aware, not risk averse.
- You take ownership and have the ability to navigate team members while driving projects forward.
About the team
The Corporate Legal Team supports Canva's financings, acquisitions and investments, governance and investor relations, international expansion and subsidiary management. We work cross-functionally across Canva's business, supporting Canva's leadership, Finance, Tax, People and Total Rewards teams (and many more!), on a broad range of projects, helping to empower Canva to meet its crazy big goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Chief Legal Officer - Todd Carpenter has to say about working in Legal at Canva -
"The variety of matters that we work on across the globe everyday might surprise you!"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.