Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
You're probably a match if:
- You have proven experience with technical and people leadership - you’ve previously led impactful teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- You’ve got extensive past experience as a software engineer, you may be away from the coding fun now, but you once had meaningful impact implementing solutions and/or found in it your happy place
- You have previous experience in cloud-based environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) with a working knowledge of broad infrastructure functions - CI/CD pipelines, automation, site reliability, security, etc
- You’re capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values
About the team
The Cloud Platform Group owns Canva’s cloud infrastructure, which ensures the safe, secure and reliable operation of canva.com. We also provide key support for critical internal workflows. Our mission is “To reduce the complexity burden of using the Cloud”, which we achieve through a combination of the tooling and services we provide, our robust standards, comprehensive developer documentation library and a team of experts who love a good challenge.
In Cloud Platform we embrace the big picture, bringing to life an ecosystem that’s above all elegant, accessible and easy to use for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.