We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Finance Group
The Finance and Legal Group’s mission is to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; that is protecting Canva from external pressures and risks whilst balancing the need to best serve our teams. The vision is for Canva to be recognised and commended by its peers and stakeholders as having a world-class Finance and Legal team.About the Revenue Accounting Team
The Revenue Accounting Team is a sub-team of our General Ledger accounting team which are the key owners of timely and accurate financial accounting and the historical financial records of Canva. The Revenue Accounting team will work closely with our technical accountants in Corporate Accounting and our other GL accountants in continuing to mature the financial processes at Canva. Who we’re looking for
Canva is looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to own the revenue accounting processes across multiple revenue streams and jurisdictions. Canva’s core revenue channels are subscription revenue for B2C and B2B, but we have plenty of other revenue streams which will also be under the remit of this role; Partnerships, Consulting and credit packs, one-time-orders, to name a few.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior revenue accountant to have a significant impact in the scaling of the revenue process at Canva. You will be be supported by our technical accountants as well as some colleagues being hired in our amazing Shared Services Centre in the Philippines.
You will have 3+ years experience with revenue accounting in a similar environment and will have a proven track record of owning end to end processes with an ability to drive process improvements and deliver value to the team and the business. You will have solid experience in revenue accounting and in preparing adjustments and relevant documentation such as reconciliations. You have a keen eye for detail and thrive on process development and improvements. You will be the first point of contact not just for Finance but for teams across the business when it comes to revenue recording and will therefore be required to deal with a range of internal stakeholders.
You will have worked in a revenue team as a team player, enjoy collaborating and rallying the team towards achieving its goals and always willing to lend a hand to your colleagues for the collective good. Your values and interpersonal approach will be a metric of success for this role.
As a Revenue Accountant you will:
- Have ownership of Canva’s monthly and quarterly revenue and deferred revenue adjustments, and ensuring revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy
- Own Canva’s monthly and quarterly posting of related cost of goods sold, working with the COGS accountant
- Have ownership of other online revenue-related adjustments including aged credit packs recognition, consulting and partnership revenues
- Have ownership of revenue recognition platforms and monthly reconciliations performed
- Own balance sheet reconciliations for revenue-related accounts including fluctuation analysis if needed
- Review the current revenue recording process and where appropriate, recommend and execute improvements
- Assist with the scaling of the Revenue Accounting Team over time and an opportunity to take on a mentorship and Coach role at Canva.
We would love if you had:
- A Bachelor’s/College Degree in Finance/Accountancy or equivalent
- 3+ years of knowledge and experience in revenue accounting
- Experience with ERP systems such as Xero, SAP, Oracle, Workday Financials, etc is essential, experience with NetSuite Oneworld is preferred but not required
- Advanced Excel/G-sheet skills are required
- A keen eye for details and the ability to identify and correct errors in processing
- Highly organised with the ability to work within set deadlines
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
- Professional experience in a similar industry or high growth company
- Experience working in a SOX control environment
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work. We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.