We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone, and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory – we're out to change the world, one design at a time.Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 25 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 2 Billion designs. We are one of the world's fastest-growing technology companies, and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!About the team QA Engineers’ mission at Canva is to ensure that the team they’re working with are always thinking about quality while working on their big goals. We believe quality is something that should be checked continuously throughout the process, not just at the end. QA engineers at Canva are embedded in a product group with multiple teams, and work closely with product managers, designers and software engineers, to ensure that we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our users. Some of the day to day tasks are improving or setting up different quality activities during the development cycle, using data to prioritise and advocate for issues, working with engineers to write unit, integration, and end to end tests, and identifying risks with product releases.
You'll love this job if:
- You have experience working with an end-to-end feature development teams and defining the QA process for your team. This may involve looking at the current development process for each team, identifying opportunities for injecting quality, and advocating for process changes to improve product quality.
- You have experience working with engineers, and have a solid understanding of web tech stacks (backend, frontend, and everything in between).
- You have a good understanding of what needs to be included in unit, integration, and end to end tests and can coach engineers on what needs to be automated.
- You are meticulous in your work, and passionate about testing. You consider every possible scenario during exploratory testing and can spot bugs that others might not notice.
- You are a problem solver who is passionate about solving different types of bugs. You are comfortable with using various tools to find out the root causes of issues and have worked with Jira (or other bug reporting tool) to communicate bugs effectively with engineers, PMs, and designers.
Not a must, but a big plus if:
- You can coach other QA engineers on quality assistance and testing.
- You have automated trivial tasks using a scripting language like Bash or Python.
- You have experience with observability tools like Sentry.io to track down issues.
- You can query databases, and reporting systems using SQL or similar to get data to support your bug reports..
- You have experience writing test cases in Gherkin syntax.
As with any early-stage business experiencing fast growth, your role, and its core areas of focus are likely to evolve over time. We empower people to adapt their role for scale. Some of the key achievements in your first quarter will be:
Being embedded in a Product/Feature Group, and working with the teams to include QA in their development process. Providing QA input on design docs before development, and testing new features post-development.Pairing with software engineers to coach them on how testing works. Writing manual regression tests for new, and existing features, and working with other software engineers to determine which tests need to be automated.Working with other QA Engineers to improve the QA activities across the business, and identifying opportunities to improve manual testing efficiency and effectiveness. Using data analysis to prioritise, and advocate for bugs raised by our users.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.