We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Canva University Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with the skills to help them reach their goals.
Canva University supports this by designing learning and development experiences inside and outside of Canva to support the skills everyone needs to work at their best - everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness and personal development. Our vision for Canva University is to become the best place to grow by offering the most impactful learning experiences possible.
Our team has a wide range of skills and are all-rounder learning specialists. They’re designers, engineers, teachers, facilitators, psychologists and doers. They craft instructor led and asynchronous learning, and continuously grow their skills and courses along with our product and content library.
We’re looking for someone to join our dynamic team and drive innovation, new thinking and fresh approaches in our soft skills curriculum offering. This person will be iterating on our existing content, working with a range of stakeholders to create new engaging videos and content, and building learning pathways within the curriculum.About the roleCommunicate complex ideas visually
. Canva University aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and making them applicable, engaging and accessible to everyone. This person needs to be able to take complex concepts and communicate it simply, visually, and across a range of mediums. Effective at managing multiple projects
. As this person will juggle multiple projects and help chart new territory in building out our course structure and designing new learning content, they need to be adept at managing their own time and priorities, to get stuff done well and on time. Adaptive to change.
We work iteratively and adaptively, and with that comes a lot of trial and error and moving pieces as we figure out what works best for our learners. This person should be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.Communicate effectively with various stakeholders
. Communication skills are key. This person will need to communicate clearly and work with internal and external parties to create the best online and in person courses.Design and Digital Savvy
. Internally, Canva has a high bar for visual communication - we love to show, not just tell. We're here to help support canvanauts with upping their visual communication game. We want Canvanauts to be able to communicate their ideas across the business, landing with impact. This person will be design and digitally savvy, constantly working in the Canva app, with video, e-learning and other digital modalities to design new and visually compelling learning experiences. We’re looking for someone who can not only design great learning content, but can translate this across a range of digital mediums too!Learn new skills and adapt to what the role needs
. This person will need to be open to learning new skills, whether that’s basic animation, screenflow tutorials or instructional design. (whatever the job requires!)
What you’ll do
- Work with a diverse range of subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather and craft instructional content for our 12 skills and onboarding curriculum
- Use your instructional design background to craft compelling learning content, experiences and materials using a range of tools - predominantly the Canva app, video and e-learning tools.
- Digitise and transform our existing learning content into highly engaging, bite sized learning experiences, blended learning and playbooks.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to develop course curriculum, produce video content, build courses, and support/partner on course updates by providing insight and feedback on best instructional practices.
- Blend existing and new learning content into pathways and curriculums.
- Act as a thought partner to help Subject Matter Experts bring their content and expertise to life
- Analyse Instructor/course performance trends and translate these learnings into actions to meet both learning and business goals
- Manage our 12 skills learning curriculum to ensure it is constantly up to date and refreshed to provide the most impactful learning experience.
- Facilitate instructor led sessions when required both in person and webinar formats.
- Identify, track and analyse key course and learner metrics, and provide recommendations to constantly improve the experience.
- Manage multiple projects and moving parts with differing deadlines, keeping others on track and informed, and ensuring goals are clear and met on time.
- Upskill our internal facilitators and coaches where necessary.
Who You Are:
Being a Force for good.
- Instructional / learning design background, preferably product-facing
- Visual design experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise across the “power skills” such as communication, strategy, leadership and personal effectiveness preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather instructional content
- Comfortable working with Canva, video, and e-learning.
- Animation experience welcome.
- Teaching / facilitation experience.
- Comfortable working with and analysing course and learner data.
- Excellent project management skills.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.