We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the Trust & Safety Team
The Trust & Safety team at Canva ensures that everyone who creates and interacts with content on Canva can do so in a safe and trusted environment. Trust and safety are an important part of the promise that we make to our customers, so making sure that we uphold this promise is second-to-none across our product and services.
The group is responsible for interpreting Canva’s values and turning them into actionable policies and tools that deal with misinformation, inauthentic behavior, platform abuse, and possible harm to our customers. This means not only developing and applying the policies but also developing the systems and parts of the product which enable us to enforce those policies.
We’re seeking someone to build and take on the leadership responsibilities for the engineering teams within the Trust and Safety group. The group owns systems around user accounts, authentication and authorization, account security, privacy protection, and content moderation. The role will be responsible for shaping the group and the teams within the group and would eventually manage 15-20 engineers directly and indirectly.
- Develop the roadmap to build a more secure and trusted platform and execute that roadmap
- Contribute to the annual and seasonal processes of goal setting and work with functional leaders and product managers to maintain a clear direction
- Regularly review delivery progress with the teams and redirect work as necessary
- Invest in personal growth and career development of engineering talent within the Trust and Safety group
- Drive an environment of high reliability, through engineering, and operational excellence
- Acting as a “bar raiser” for engineering processes and thinking - you bring diverse experience to ensure engineering code and service ownership is always left better than it was found
- Support the recruitment and development of engineering leaders and specialists across the broader business and help continue to build a diverse leadership pipeline within Canva
Required Background Experience
- Extensive experience as a Software Engineering Manager; having previously led multiple teams in a large high-growth environment
- Strong software engineering fundamentals; be able to hold court with principal-level engineers and significantly contribute to design documentation and complex software architecture
- Be able to demonstrate a deep passion for creating delightful user experiences and highly valuable businesses
- Be comfortable combining big picture thinking with sweating the details of execution, both for the digital and physical experience
- You are a roll-up-the-sleeves builder who is comfortable leading with influence; this role is not suitable for individuals with a preference for high-level directing and delegating
- Be an intense learner who relishes global-scale challenges and solutions
- Be able to inspire others to achieve their full potential and enable the leaders within your organization to build diverse, high-performing teams
- Flexible hours and a hybrid working model which values work-life balance
- Our very own Canva University, internal coaching, and Employee Support Programs to help you be your best
- Unique and flexible leave options so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development
- An annual Vibe & Thrive Allowance for you to spend as you choose on personal education, wellbeing, home office, and social connection
- Virtual and in-office fitness and yoga classes, an onsite gym, and breakfast, and lunch prepared at our pet-friendly Sydney office by in-house chefs
- Canva For Good program matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in
- Support for family and carers including a parental leave policy that prioritizes inclusivity, recognizing the diverse representations of modern families, and supporting work-life balance
- And more ...
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.