Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Operations Manager who is highly motivated to solve complex problems and deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external partners. The successful candidate will be a team player, collaborating with finance and sales leaders within the organization to support the company's overall strategic objectives and growth plans.
Reporting to the Finance Leadership, you will collaborate with senior leaders and business partners across the United States, Australia and the Philippines to help us on our mission to deliver best in class quote to cash. You will take part in the reconciliation of revenue generating transactions, billing and collections, accounting oversight of our revenue platform and contract management system, quote to cash internal controls, and new product introductions. Your strong leadership will inspire and rally the team to successfully achieve our crazy big goals.
What You'll Do:
- You will support the US sales team, shared services group, and customers for B2B, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoicing, and timely receipt of payments, all while providing an excellent customer experience
- You'll identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the quote to cash process, implementing best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- You will collaborate with Sales and Success, Revenue Platform, and IT teams around enhancements to our revenue platform and contract management systems, to ensure GAAP and SOX compliance.
- You'll partner with Sales and Success and Enterprise teams to ensure new product introductions are properly integrated into our revenue platform, contract management system, and revenue recognition tools.
- You will collaborate with upstream teams to help develop standard process change management governance surrounding our revenue platform and related systems.
- You'll compile and analyze accounts receivable data, producing regular reports, metrics and insights for management and relevant partners.
- You'll work closely with the SOX lead and Accounting team to document processes and establish key controls within the quote-to-cash cycle to ensure compliance and risk management.
- You will train and mentor the Shared Services Revenue Operations team, fostering a collaborative and impactful culture while championing a continuous improvement mentality.
- You'll stay up-to-date with industry trends and standard processes in financial management and customer service.
You're probably a match if:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. CPA is a plus.
- You are an expert in billing processes, invoicing, and collections strategies.
- You have proven experience in project management, system design and implementation.You come with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external partners.
- You are highly organized, and attention to detail, with the ability to ensure accuracy in accounts receivable billing and collections.
- You have proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with the capacity to identify issues and implement solutions proactively.
- You have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines.
- You have knowledge of revenue recognition based on the requirements of ASC 606 (US GAAP).
About The Team
The Revenue Operations team in the Accounting Function supports the Enterprise sales team with key capabilities to drive effective onboarding, invoicing, collections and revenue recognition. We strive to deliver a streamlined accounts receivable process and outstanding customer service to our internal and external partner.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Corporate Accountant - Paddy Nordstrom has to say about working in Finance at Canva:
"I support the wider finance squad with any tricky technical accounting, as well as ensuring our financial reporting withstands external scrutiny. Every day Canvanaut's are coming up with crazy big goals (and making them happen!), which means lots of new and funky accounting challenges."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.