Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
We're looking for several Technical Content Writers to join us in our Technical Writing group.
The mission of our group is to Empower Canvanauts by making complex things simple through technical documentation. We want to equip our internal audience with the knowledge and best practices they need to do their best work and to foster a culture of great documentation to help us scale.
You'll team up with other Technical Writers, Engineers and Program Managers to help develop our content. We need people with strong technical writing skills who can work with subject matter experts to produce clear documentation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for internal audiences.
- Work closely with Technical Writers, Engineers, and Designers to enhance our engineering and developer documentation into a world-class resource that developers love to use.
- Improve the documentation based on feedback and support tickets.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the documentation experience.
Required skills and Experience
- Experience working with Markdown and Git.
- Understanding of modern web development frameworks like Gatsby and Next.js.
- Demonstrable ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, communicating with clarity, impact and influence.
- Highly collaborative with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, organise tasks and manage competing resources and demands.
- Experience writing technical content targeted to software engineers
- Nice to have - Experience with usability testing, card sorting, or other techniques to ensure your work is not just accurate, but also effective for your target audience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.