Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role will be responsible for leading the engineers of a brand new team and ensure that they are protecting the brand of our customers inside and outside of the editor. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for understanding the team's progress and taking the necessary steps to ensure they are delivering.
You will get to work on projects that are key to Canva's strategic goals. There are many opportunities to bring new features from chaos to clarity, to take features from 1 to 100.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Owns the team's technical direction.
- Accountable for the team's technical strategy and roadmap.
- Able to quickly understand the broader company strategy/goals their team's work aligns with and develop appropriate technical strategies.
- Leads the team to execute the strategy.
- Sets clear goals and rallying the team to support.
- Drive planning and refinement of seasonal goals, ensuring alignment between the company, group, and teams.
What we’re looking for
- Previously built high-performing and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer - in tune with software engineering fundamentals and first principles; comfortable contributing to design documents and performing thorough code reviews
- Measurement-oriented, and have an experimentation mentality
- Demonstrated experience navigating complex product experiences, and then translating them into a clear engineering roadmap.
About the group/team
The Brand Experience Group is on a mission to empower anyone to bring their brand to life with every design.
The Group delivers amazing product experiences across all Canva’s subscription plans - Free, Pro, Teams, Education and Not-For-Profit - which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue.
The Brand Experience Group is early in our journey and there’s so much more we can do to achieve our exciting and bold vision to empower all kinds of makers to create on brand, manage brands, scale brand design and beyond!
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.