Mable is an equal opportunity employer. We find excellence in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. People with lived experience of disability or personal experience with the aged care system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our interview processes are inclusive and will accommodate additional needs when required.
A little about us...
Founded in 2014, Mable has become one of Australia's largest and fastest growing healthtech marketplaces. Our platform is an online community of independent support workers who offer their services directly to people who are seeking aged care or disability support.
We’re thrilled to have been recognised within AFR’s Fast 100 list in 2021, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 2021 Awards and we won the Australian Growth & Australian Technology Growth Company of the Year Award 2020! This is an awesome opportunity to join a thriving scale up whose profit for purpose mission is transforming the aged care and disability support sectors.
Mission: We’re redefining support for disability and aged care in Australia by helping people who are aging or living with disability to connect with independent support people in their community.
The Senior Manager of Business Development leads the Business Development team in driving growth and Impact for the Mable group by crafting and executing strategies closely aligned with the organization's strategic goals. This role focuses on attracting, cultivating, and retaining high-calibre, high-impact professionals across various roles within the business development team. It also entails setting clear objectives for the team and actively steering their performance to achieve impactful outcomes.
The role supports multiple brands across the Mable Group.
What will I be doing?
- Define a clear and compelling strategic roadmap for the Business Development Team, outlining actionable steps and goals to achieve long-term business objectives.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of innovative commercial strategies that drive growth, market expansion, and sustainable business development.
- Collaborate with team members to translate strategic vision into practical initiatives, ensuring alignment with overall business goals.
- Provide guidance to the team in analysing market trends, customer behaviours, and competitive landscapes to identify strategic opportunities and prioritise target markets.
- Identify new business opportunities that will capture new audiences and grow Mable's brand awareness and consideration.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent in all roles across the Sector Partnerships team, setting clear goals and driving performance to key results.
- Foster a supportive and empowering environment that encourages professional growth and development.
- Set performance goals and expectations for the teams, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide constructive feedback, and address performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Facilitate team-building activities, encourage knowledge sharing, and promote cross-team collaboration.
- Ensure the team delivers exceptional services to our diverse clientele, meeting or exceeding their expectations.
- Maintain a deep understanding of client needs, trends, and best practices in the Disability and Aged Care sectors.
- Collaborate with the teams to develop and implement client-centric initiatives, programs, and services.
- Monitor client satisfaction levels and address any concerns or issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, including industry leaders, CEOs, and Executive Leaders within the aged care and disability sectors, to foster collaboration and identify opportunities for partnerships and growth.
- Represent the Mable group in relevant forums, conferences, and meetings to promote our mission and services.
- Accountable for budgeting, resource allocation, and financial management for the team.
- Monitor and analyse program performance metrics and outcomes, making data-driven decisions to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, policies, and ethical standards in the provision of Disability and Aged Care services.
- Implement and maintain effective systems, processes, and technology to support efficient team operations.
- Represent Sector partnerships and be the voice of our customers internally, participating in cross-functional squads and teams as appropriate to share insights and to build and refine our product and service offering.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated track record leading and growing high performing teams to deliver and exceed ever-ambitious sales targets
- Self-directed and entrepreneurial, with experience and a passion for building out new teams and markets
- Excellent communication skills and business judgement, with a demonstrated ability to engage credibly and confidently with senior executives
- Experience building and maintaining a culture of high performance, strong accountability, deep customer empathy, and successful teamwork
- Strong understanding of the disability or aged care sectors
Life at Mable
🏢 Sydney CBD Office - Two minutes walk from Town Hall Station, we’ve recently taken over an entire floor of the Hilton Hotel building with state-of-the-art facilities and tools you need to get the job done (hello, #scaleup life).
🏠 Hybrid working model - We love to encourage a healthy balance between team collaboration and home/ family commitments.
💻 WFH Set Up Allowance - A generous $800 to help you kit out your home office.
💵 Competitive Remuneration - Everyone at Mable contributes to the bigger picture mission so we want you to feel financially rewarded.
❤️🩹 Wellbeing & Mental health - We offer floating public holidays and access to our Employee Assistance Program (App + counselling).
🎂 Time away from our desks to recharge - Enjoy additional days off to celebrate your birthday, support your community by tapping into our ‘volunteer day’ or just have a day to yourself through our ‘wellbeing day’.
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 4-weeks each year.
👨🏻👩🏻👧🏻👦🏻 Family comes first - Make the most of our Paid Parental Leave - a gender neutral policy for primary (14 weeks + super) and secondary (6 weeks + super) carers.
💪🏾 Stay fit - Discounted gym memberships and classes.
🥪 We love to eat - Our pantry and fridges are fully stocked for your convenience.
🏾 Diversity & Inclusion - We are constantly empowering our employees and creating a culture of greater inclusion. We are endorsed by Work180 as an accredited employer for women in tech.
🏆 Anniversary Awards - Be rewarded through our recognition program with awesome goodies and rewards to celebrate your successes and tenure at Mable.
💗 Accelerate your career - Be a part of one of Australia's fastest growing Marketplaces. We are a scale-up tech-co and our people are a huge part of this. We want all of our Mablers to feel supported in their careers and for Mable to be the place where they can grow to their full potential.
Culture within the Mablehood - Our values
All About People - We put our customers at the centre of everything we do.
Better Together - We are stronger, better and faster when we work together.
Challenge Openly - Speak up. Candid discussion helps us make better decisions.
Do The Right Thing, Always - We hold ourselves to the highest standard. What we say and do matters.
CrEate Impact - We are passionate about having an impact.
We are one
We’re endorsed by Work180 which showcases our commitment to our policies, flexible working and inclusion practices for women in tech - visit our page here.
If this role has stood out to you but you don’t feel like you ‘’tick all the boxes’’, we strongly encourage you to apply nonetheless. We value diversity across experience and you might well just bring something to the Mablehood that we are looking for!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Where to find us online