Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
As Canva continues to rapidly grow and expand its product offerings, the Revenue Accounting Operations function plays a critical role in managing and navigating the increasing complexities of data integrity, internal controls, and accounting system integrations with our revenue platform and contract management system. In this role, you will take charge of shaping the vision and strategy of the Revenue Accounting Operations function while leading a motivated team across the United States and the Philippines.
You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company's revenue accounting operations function, including reconciliation of revenue generating transactions, billing and collections, accounting oversight of our revenue platform and contract management system, quote to cash internal controls, and new product introductions.
Your expertise and leadership will play a pivotal role in evolving Canva's capabilities in this space, while ensuring that the revenue accounting operations function's roadmap is aligned with the company's overall strategic objectives and support its growth plans.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute the revenue accounting operations function's vision, strategy, and mission, aligned with the company's strategic objectives.
- Lead and mentor a team of revenue accounting operations professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing culture, while championing a continuous improvement mindset.
- Collaborate with Sales and Success, Revenue Platform, and IT teams around enhancements to our revenue platform and contract management systems, to ensure GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Collaborate with the Revenue Platform team to ensure transactions are complete, accurate, reconciled to payment gateways and bank statements, and properly flowing to our revenue recognition tool.
- Oversee billing and collections for B2B customers, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of invoicing, and timely receipt of payments, all while providing an excellent customer experience.
- Partner with Sales and Success and Enterprise teams to ensure new product introductions are properly integrated into our revenue platform, contract management system, and revenue recognition tools.
- Collaborate with upstream teams to help develop standard process change management governance surrounding our revenue platform and related systems.
- Work closely with the SOX lead and Accounting team to document processes and establish key controls within the quote-to-cash cycle to ensure compliance and risk management.
- Provide regular revenue operations-related reports, metrics, and insights to senior management, supporting data-driven decision-making and strategic planning.
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated success in leading platform accounting operations function through rapid growth and expanding product offerings, with a proven ability to develop and execute effective strategies.
- Strong leadership and team management skills with a proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- Expertise in project management, system design and implementation.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams to drive business process transformation and change management.
- Extensive experience in establishing and standardizing policies, processes, procedures and controls that are SOX compliant.
- Detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and delve deep into processes and systems.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition based on the requirements of ASC 606 (US GAAP).
- Familiarity with indirect tax regulations and compliance requirements, including GST, VAT, US sales & use tax, and digital services tax.
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.