Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Developing digital learning approaches for our flagship Canva University programs: Onboarding, 12 skills, Canva Essentials and Leadership
- Using your expertise in digital learning to bring a high level of detail, quality and focus to our human skills curriculum, looking at ways to innovate and push the boundaries of UX and Learning Design to deliver impactful learning experiences.
- Shaping and connecting learning content to our growth and development framework - ensuring all Canvanauts can identify and access learning content toward their goals easily.
- Partnering with Program Leads to build out custom learning experiences that are scalable, virtual and hybrid friendly.
- Tracking and analysing instructor and course performance trends and translate these learnings into actions to meet both learning and business goals.
- Building team workflows and practices for consulting with subject matter experts to build courses.
- Partnering with our internal and external teams to film and edit courses.
- Building out our digital learning portfolio to include diverse learning modalities across e-learning, animation, video, podcast, AR/VR, gaming, and simulations.
- Identifying world-leading subject matter experts, content and speakers to help us build the best curriculums in the world.
- Running multiple projects and moving parts with differing deadlines, keeping others on track and informed, and ensuring goals are clear and met on time.
- Overseeing the quality and effectiveness of Canva University programs.
What we're looking for
- Experience in building out self-paced digital learning solutions and experiences within a large organisation.
- Experience crafting blended and digital learning products using the latest design and development techniques. To include, micro learning, scenario-based eLearning, simulations, podcasts, video/animation, mobile design, games/gamification.
- Experience of emerging technologies including AR and VR.
- Substantial experience working with agile methodologies in a learning context.
- Expertise in the management of cross functional teams.
- Delivery of company-wide learning solutions.
- Creative thinking, planning and management of existing and emerging learning environments
- Proven ability to develop solutions and learning assets with a commitment to continuous quality improvement, online delivery and learner centricity
- Experience in inclusive learning design - translating learning across borders, and enhancing the accessibility of learning to a diverse audience.
- Experience with Authoring Tools and Learning Management Systems
About Canva University
Canva University’s mission is to ‘Empower and excite Canvanauts and our community to continuously learn and grow, helping them achieve crazy big goals’. We do this by partnering with our business stakeholders to identify and grow the capabilities we need. We design, curate and deliver world-class learning experiences to support Canvanauts with the knowledge, skills and mindsets they need at every step of their journey. However, we know there is so much more to unlocking growth than formal learning experiences and take a holistic view to build a culture of learning, empowering Canvanauts to apply and embed their learnings in their day to day.
Our learning experiences are aligned to our 12 Skills Framework, which sets out the most important skills that every Canvanaut needs to thrive throughout their journey at Canva - everything from technical learning, onboarding, leadership, team effectiveness, capability development, performance and personal development.
We’re looking for someone to join our diverse team to develop digital learning approaches for our flagship Canva University programs: Onboarding, 12 skills, Canva Essentials and Leadership. You'll be iterating on our existing content, working with a range of stakeholders to create new engaging videos and content, build learning pathways within our LMS, and new transformational learning experiences.
This role can be based anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.