Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver data visualisations and related features to millions of customers all over the world.
Developing and iterating on written technical proposals – outlining how solutions will be structured and developed.
Proactively identifying opportunities and leading the development of solutions you’ve designed from the ground up through to deployment into production.
Identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks within the application and broader infrastructure.
Participating in design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews.
Performance debugging, benchmarking and building awesome things in general.
What we're looking for
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, JS, React, Typescript and functional reactive programming patterns such as MobX and RxJS.
- Passion for data visualisation and detailed knowledge of the domain, experience in shipping high quality charts to users.
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and enjoys working with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing.
- Good writing and effective verbal communication skills.
- Bonus points if you have experience leading small teams.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.