We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
The Legal team has a big mission to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; balancing the need to protect Canva from external risks with the need to best serve our team to move fast and make their crazy big goals happen.
We’re looking for a motivated Legal Assistant to join our team in Sydney and undertake the best work of their career, helping to support the team and to maintain and improve the global team’s internal processes, systems and tools.
This work is challenging and our execution on it is why the team won the award for its category at the 2019 and 2020 Australian Corporate Counsel Awards. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about practising law in a commercial setting at the headquarters of one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies.
What you'll do:
- Providing administrative support with the day-to-day operations of the Legal team, including team calendar management, development of a process for snail mail, document formatting and digital filing support.
- Organising internal events such as for training and education as well as preparing presentations for the same
- Supporting and continuously improving matter, contract, billing and knowledge management operations within the team
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to drive cross-functional alignment within the wider business
- Supporting compliance initiatives such as maintaining registers, records of processing activities, liaising with stakeholders to ensure records are complete and liaising with service providers to ensure contracts are in place
- Formatting training materials, updating and maintaining templates and policies, Confluence and Frequently Asked Questions guides.
What we are looking for:
- You have 2 years of relevant work experience as a legal assistant gained from a reputable private practice firm or in-house
- You are tech savvy and you preferably have proficiency with the technology used in a law firm or in-house environment
- You are a hustling and resourceful problem solver with exceptional time management skills
- You are able to contribute in a fast paced and challenging environment
- You have a keen eye for detail, accuracy and quality
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours - we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Onsite gym and free yoga membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.