Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Our team’s mission is to 'Build a workplace that cultivates Canva's culture and inspires us all to do the best work of our lives'. This includes everything from planning future spaces, keeping our existing space functioning efficiently, producing engaging activations and events, to preparing healthy meals. The Vibe team plays a key role in creating and maintaining the type of workplace that we all love, where every single person has opportunities to grow and develop their skills and is able to do their best work and make an impact, every day.
As Canva grows, the Workplace Experience Team is scaling its operations to adapt to the ever-changing needs and complexities of the company, to take on new responsibilities and to contribute in strategic and meaningful ways. Currently, the Vibe team oversees several functions including Workplace Experience, Facilities and Construction, Food and Beverage, Health and Wellbeing programming, Events and Engagement.
This role leads our US team, and is a part of the global Workplace Experience Leadership team. Our US team specifically looks after the experience of our Canvanauts across our Campus in Austin, and Hubs (coworking) in San Francisco and San Jose, and soon Los Angeles. Vibe is responsible for office set up, maintenance and operations, events & activations, and all sorts of community engagement and activations.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what People & Vibe Lead - Jakob Allinger has to say about working in People at Canva -
"It's fascinating how consistent the whole employee experience looks and feels for all Canvanauts around the world. The People team really do make complex things simple while being forces for good."
About the role
You will be an ambassador of Canva’s values and embody our team's mission: to 'Build a workplace that cultivates Canva's culture and inspires us all to do the best work of our lives'. You'll be a critical force in shaping the culture in the Austin Campus and USA Hubs and the US team more broadly. The role spans Real Estate, Facilities and Construction, Office Operations, Hospitality, Workplace Experience, Events, and a touch of Sustainability. Working closely with different teams, you will be the organizer and the driver of projects, events, and other fundamental administrative requirements in your location. While the role is physically located in Austin, the will also oversee our co-working Hubs in California and the US team experience including our US-based remote team members, as well as support our global Vibe team members at times when Australia's timezone does not allow for it. This role will have the responsibility to further Canva's mission and build a workplace that cultivates Canva’s culture and inspires us all to do the best work of our lives.
What you’d be doing in this role:
- You will directly oversee the service, maintenance (and growth) of our office space in Austin, SF, San Jose and LA.
- You will regularly assess workplace readiness and operations ensuring that Canva standards are maintained while incorporating appropriate aspects of local culture.
- You'll develop different programs and policies that can provide the biggest impact on our employees and guests from hospitality, events, to employee engagements both local and global.
- You own operations and administration of the Vibe Team and proactively look for ways to improve how we work and to help manage team communications and forums
- You understand the important of having fun at work and helping others do the same. You will champion team celebrations within our SF Team. This means you will rally teams and ensure that they celebrate their milestones no matter how big or small.
- You are tasked to keep track of expenses and budget for our US Offices and Team. Our goal is to ensure that we do not go over what is necessary while staying aligned to our purpose and goals
- You take charge and ensure we have built well-oiled operating cadences and administrative processes that are crucial to us hitting our Goals.
- Using your experience with program management, administration, and relationship-building, you will work with cross-functional teams and working groups to build the foundational support systems for our team with a global mindset.
- You'll build relationships with stakeholders to best understand their respective businesses and use knowledge gleaned to enhance the employee experience.
- You will build & lead a dynamic organization that delivers best-in-class employee workplace experiences that promote productivity, efficiency, and peak performance.
You're probably a match if
- You have experience in a similar role at a global tech organization.
- You’re able to make complex things simple by applying your technical experience, redesigning systems and tools, and sharing your expertise with others.
- You think strategically through complexity to deliver results. You are able to think laterally about problems and opportunities.
- You are able to build a team that brings together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expressions while driving innovation and results.
- You are able to influence and manage expectations with a wide range of stakeholders
- You’re a keen communicator, whether it’s over Slack, through documentation or through presentations. You like to ensure everyone is on the same page and engaged with the deliverables, even under pressure and moving targets.
- You are able to build relationships with internal and external parties while being an ambassador of Canva’s values.
- You are able to diffuse high-tension situations to find common ground toward positive outcomes.
- You are a natural leader. You are tenaciously improving those around you by remaining focused and engaged in the outcomes that are in Canva’s interests.
- You champion an environment of trust, belonging and safety at scale.
- You have experience in operations, hospitality and facilities management.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.