Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva is looking for an experienced Employment Lawyer to be part of our highly motivated, tightly knit, and collaborative global legal team. This role will be the first specialist to provide global support to the operationalisation of our international expansion and integration strategy.
What you'll do
- Be part of the Global Employment Legal Team as a specialist dedicated to Canva’s global international expansion and integration strategy
- Work within legal and with other technical teams (such as equity) to operationalise Canva’s expansion plans and work collaboratively with central support teams such as Payroll, Tax and People Operations to ensure alignment
- Provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders, including Global Contingent Workforce Team, Talent Acquisition and the wider People Team on all aspects of of international expansion, including entity establishment, Global Employment Organisation (GEO), Employer-Of-Record (EOR) arrangements and other growth strategies
- Understand, interpret and apply current laws applicable to Canva’s global workforce as well as identifying what’s coming around the corner and mitigating legal risks
- Partner with stakeholder groups to advise, educate and support on a wide range of expansion and integration considerations
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of hiring frameworks for each country, including compliance, employment and engagement agreements, policies and processes, as well as preparing templates and resources to support the business at scale
We'd love it if you had
- Proven experience in international employment law gained within a respected law firm or in-house environment, representing or working withina rapidly growing international technology company
- You have a strong technical background and hands on experience in international expansion, including entity establishment, GEO, EOR and other legal and regulatory aspects relevant to Canva’s global workforce
- You’re a skilled communicator and you have confidence and experience translating complex legal concepts into practical solutions to guide our partners in the People Group and business stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in advising on and executing expansion strategies is essential
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.