We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the SEO team
The SEO team’s mission is to empower every user in the world to discover Canva and inspire them to create their next design (whether it is a social media post, a presentation, a video or hundreds of other options).
Spreading our efforts globally (English speaking markets and 20 non-English speaking markets), SEO drives an average of 40 million new logged out sessions and 7 million new MAUs every quarter.
Part of that success, the international SEO team recently grew to ~50 members including SEO specialists, Engineers, Data analysts, Designers, etc.
We have ambitious goals for the coming years and we need the help of Program managers to support our team growth and execute our plans, while developing processes and ways-of-working for the team.
About SEO Operations
As the Operations Manager for the International SEO team, you will be responsible for coordinating a set of related projects over time which are linked in an effort to grow our user base globally.
You will be an integral part of the team, working alongside leadership and stakeholders to ensure we have the infrastructure that is crucial for operational excellence.
A core focus of your role will be to help grow and support the international SEO team as we expand into more projects and more international markets. Working alongside a range of other functions - from localisation to engineering, template design or QA - you will build relationships and guide the team to deliver extraordinary work.
Working with our world-class SEO team is a unique opportunity – you'll be exposed to the newest Canva products, the most innovative SEO systems and exciting creative challenges!
Goals you'll achieve in your first 6 months...
- Goal #1 - Audit, optimise and document the i18n SEO team processes. Working hand in hand with the rest of the team, you’ll be able to analyse and help improve our overall delivery. In parallel, you will create and maintain playbooks for the team (processes, ways-of-working, tooling, etc.).
- Goal #2 - Oversee the delivery of all international SEO projects for a given region (or 2). You will break team goals down into manageable efforts (Jira tickets).You will run weekly meetings and sprint planning sessions. You will keep the program on track by managing timelines and tracking statuses, escalating issues as needed. You will liaise with various dependencies and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery on time, on budget and on scope.
- Goal #3 - Assist leadership for team growth. You will be working with leadership on defining resources and roles that are needed to reach our team vision and ambitious goals, responsibilities, hiring and onboarding.
You'll coordinate day-to-day operations
- Work across group wide initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts (identify requirements and resource gaps)
- Assigns clear owners of roles/streams with deliverables outlined
- Runs and holds weekly meetings to keep deliverables on track
- Coordinates projects, deadlines and track deliverables
- Ensure project is closed and findings, lessons and success is documented
You’ll contribute to streamlining our operations
- Observe and analyse team processes, tooling, work-flows and collaboration, in order to create and optimise processes that lead to team efficiencies and growth
- Partner with leadership to ensure all team structures and processes are efficient and supporting in ongoing operational improvements
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the vision, goals and priorities of the team and work with data to drive short- and long-term planning
You'll support team growth
- Work with leadership to grow the i18n team including forecasting team capacity, defining roles and responsibilities, hiring and onboarding
- Manage new contracts, contract negotiations and invoicing for the i18n SEO team
- Work closely with SEO leads to assess contractor performance and areas for improvement
Experience you'll need
- 5+ years of Program, Project or Ops management experience, with proven success in prioritising, managing and tracking multiple projects and teams across multiple offices and locales, preferably in a tech company.
- Strong interest for data – uses numbers to prioritise pieces of work and improve reports and dashboards for each project
- Broad understanding of SEO, digital marketing, and the engineering environment
- Excellent communicator who is able to translate scope and requirements for different stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with experience managing a pool of external vendors, or a remote team including the onboarding.
- Able to talk to project management tools and resource planning with experience optimising team processes.
- Thrives in a process-driven environment and enjoys clear, structured and repetitive tasks. Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- A natural leader who can rally teams and cultures of all kinds, and influence peers across the organisation. You love building relationships that lead to team success and business growth.
- A bias for action, constantly striving to get things done. You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking teams
- Ability to think strategically (beyond just the here and now), and synthesise lots of complex information to come up with solutions with tangible impact
What you'll learn at Canva
- How to adapt to any situation in a hyper-growth environment where the headcount doubles each year and where systems break.
- You’ll develop a great sensitivity to multicultural collaboration, which is necessary to build truly localised solutions.
- You’ll push the boundaries of what you think is achievable.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.