Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
You're probably a match if you have
- We'd love to hear from you if you fit one or more of these:
- Experience in developing rich web applications, ideally Typescript/React/MobX
- Five plus (5+) years of professional work experience in Software Engineering
- Experience in stakeholder communication or internal advocacy
- Practical knowledge of data structures and algorithms
Nice to have:
- Working with and contributing to a unified design system in collaboration with other teams
- Cross-browser and cross-device development
About the team
In User Product we strive to provide a delightful foundation to authenticate and manage large user bases for Enterprise and Education customers.
Responsible for managing and authenticating users, manage avatars, permissions and teams our services and frontend systems are vital for using Canva effectively, especially in the Education and Enterprise space. Our team is committed to set our platform up for success to scale to the next 1 Billion customers and teams!
About the role
You will be involved in designing, building, and maintaining existing and new features as a contributor to a great team of engineers, product owners and designers. Also you will collaborate with other teams across Canva to envision, design and implement the experience for Enterprise teams and organisations - namely Single Sign On, Account & Team Management, Advanced Settings, Roles & Groups, Account Switching and much more to come.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.