We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team
This role is part of the Business Systems team within Information Technology (“IT”) that drives secure and scalable adoption of technologies that enable Canva’s scale. As part of IT you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding team as we aim to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our technology supporting critical groups throughout the business. As Canva grows, there is an increasing need to provide stakeholders in the business with timely, accurate and granular data enabling agile decisions to be made as required.
As part of the Business Systems team you will have the opportunity to: Gain experience working at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies; your work will impact millions of Canva’s global users Learn from and work with some of Canva’s best talent, including Canva’s founders, engineers, product & growth professionals. Develop and grow in a newly created role with the ability to make and support decisions that impact the development of the business. About the role The System Operations team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of the technology stack across our internal IT systems. We use Okta as our primary IDP, and with the scale of our organization we’re constantly integrating new technology and applications behind and in front of it. We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst to help continue our investment into scalable identity & access systems and beyond. This includes onboarding & offboarding processes, entitlement propagation, supporting flexible employment patterns, application integration & access management, and more!
What you'll do:
- Strategy, identify stakeholder requirements for greenfield projects across the organization - this is your opportunity to work on completely new systems!
- Be part of the team, Co-ordinate & manage incoming integration requests from the business
- Collaborate, consult with the right people, share context and align clear next steps in order to deliver exceptional service to stakeholders
- Build and lead, create and maintain technical documentation of all systems under your ownership to enable seamless change management as we scale
- Business process improvements, help manage complex migrations across our SaaS applications
- Solution orientated, configure & administer our identity systems to make accessing all of our applications an easy and simple process
- Customer centric, work with third party system vendors, developing relationships and ensuring strong service delivery across the business
- Communication, partner with other cross functional technology leads / teams to create and monitor integrations; making sure integrations run successfully / resolving issues
What we're looking for:
- You have a strong desire to build for scale, and are passionate about how technology can solve complex business problems that simplify the lives of our employees and users
- You are solutions orientated but focus on strategic excellence, flipping between big picture thinking and what needs to be done now without jeopardizing the quality of either
- Able to work under pressure whilst keeping a calm demeanour, you can juggle multiple tasks, people and systems of varying complexities and deadlines
- Comfortable with chaos. You have a passion for efficiency, process improvements, and map out a path to clarity and execution. You can work out ways to achieve the impossible and ride through change like a boss
- You are able to adapt to different situations, spot opportunities to help us achieve our crazy big goals
- You think and act as We, not Me. We’re all in this together. You love nothing more than to collaborate and build trusted relationships with your team, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love. Being a Force for good.
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.