We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.Job Description
We are looking for a Senior Designer with strong layout and editorial skills, who can conceptualise and deliver an exceptional and consistent brand experience across our industry sponsorship initiatives . An understanding that spans event, digital and print is key to this, as sponsorships span both virtual and IRL executions.
You will be part of the Canva Brand Creative Team and work in conjunction with Digital Designers, Illustrators and Motion Designers to bring ideas to life through multiple channels and surfaces. You will work closely with cross functional teams at Canva (Partnerships, Marketing, Channel & Product) to understand our products and ensure our brand is consistent across consumer touch points. About the team: Canva Brand Creative Team
Our team Mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. The Canva Brand Creative team delivers brand assets, communications and advertising campaigns that are consistently, magically and unmistakingly Canva. We believe that everyone, everywhere, deserves the opportunity to create amazing designs – whatever their financial position or experience level.
That's why we're building the world's most inclusive design platform. Because we believe in...Design for everyone.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world class talent with a focus on diversity, community and career development. In the next 6-12 months, we will be scaling our media spend and creative production to become a household name in America, and the world.How We Work
Our internal clients include the Partnerships, Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. We scale through our external agency and production partners and collaborate with cross functional creative teams such as Product and Sales.
What you will be doing:
- Design creative solutions for Canva’s new industry partnership and sponsorship opportunities. This means working with a variety of well known brands and helping to bring their events to life through beautiful design with Canva.
- Develop design guidelines and toolkits for high priority sponsorship opportunities
- Create and manipulate a diverse range of content (event, digital and motion) that brings Canva to life in exciting creative executions
- Familiarise yourself with the performance of your work and learn for future executions.
- A master designer, able to visualise the brand and its products to myriad demographics and personas clearly.
- You are the perfect balance between ideation at a conceptual level and execution, in bringing your ideas to life
- You’re an exceptional people-person, able to articulate your design approach and manage feedback effectively with a range of different client stakeholders
- Well-versed in static and motion design and animation and an understanding of how to connect with audiences through a variety of different platforms & executions
- Online portfolio that demonstrates: Strong brand design principles and craft, a modern style & aesthetic, creative thinking & attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Invision and Canva
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
To apply, please submit
- Your resume
- PDF or Link to your portfolio
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.