Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team:
The Experience Optimisation Team at Canva plays a critical role in the company's success by working on both the acquisition strategy and conversions. They focus on ensuring that people not only discover but also understand the different plans and products that Canva offers. To achieve this goal, the team collaborates closely with Marketing specialists to create and design landing pages that improve and optimise the journeys of Monthly Active Users and Annual Recurring Revenue. By leveraging their expertise and working together effectively, the Experience Optimisation Team helps to drive Canva's growth and success.
As an Engineer on the team you will:
- Design, develop and deploy solutions via hands-on software development. Work closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and experiments to our customers worldwide
- Communicate effectively with Product Managers and Engineers across Canva when developing a solution; seeks and incorporates diverse perspectives to address complex issues
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and effectively advocate for engineering needs to non-technical stakeholders within the group
- Model initiative and ownership in achieving goals, improving processes and solutions
- Find opportunities for cross-team collaboration to work on new insights and improvements that help achieve our goals
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns
- Working collaboratively with team members and communicating effectively
- Experience with TypeScript (or other typed languages), React, MobX (or other state management libraries)
- Ability to write performant, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.