We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About the team
The People Team’s mission is to create the most effective and engaged company in the world. The People Operations and Shared Services teams are responsible for empowering employees through centralised employee support and solutions that are built for scale. Our mission is to create an employee experience where everyone can thrive and make an impact at Canva through; access to timely, accurate and human HR advice; the development and implementation of progressive, employee-centred policies; efficient easy-to-navigate processes and technology that support a world-class people team built on a strong operational foundation.About the role
The Global Mobility team provides advice and support to Canva employees, candidates, contractors and guests for anything travel and global mobility related including visas, relocation and business travel programs.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Lead to oversee all aspects of Canva’s global mobility programs, developing solutions that enable and support international and domestic employee mobility. You’ll lead a team of Global Mobility Specialists to anticipate business needs and proactively address those needs through mobility solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure Canva’s mobility programs are aligned with company goals, are competitive and enhance the overall employee experience.
- Own the design, development and implementation of mobility policies and programs relating to immigration, relocation, remote working and travel.
- Ensure mobility services are delivered effectively. This includes working with third party vendors to deliver at a high standard and provide exceptional service to our team.
- Provide technical leadership on program design, employee experience, operations, measurement, continuous improvement and other aspects of the mobility lifecycle.
- Partner strategically with business leaders, People, Finance, Legal and Total Rewards teams to design, communicate and execute on mobility and remote work initiatives.
- Lead a team of Specialists - growing skills and impact within the team by setting crazy big goals, and inspiring, unblocking and supporting the team to make them happen.
Who you are:
- Extensive experience leading across Global Mobility.
- Have a solid understanding of global tax, immigration and relocation best practices. Experience in Australia, the United States and Europe is highly desirable.
- Prior track record of successfully partnering with rapidly growing global companies. This can be in the form of either in-house or mobility consulting.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, ability to balance needs of the business and the employees while maintaining compliance.
- Comfortable working in high-ambiguity situations and coming up with solutions for time-sensitive matters.
- Experience in multicultural, geographically dispersed, international HR teams.
- Care deeply about the people you’re leading and in creating a nurturing, safe and supportive work environment.
Being a Force for good.
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfasts and lunches for us each day!
- A Vibe and Thrive allowance that covers personal education, wellbeing, social connections and home office support.
- In house gym
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events + fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.