Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but our hubs in Beijing and Wuhan are home to our operations in China. Our China hubs have been designed with you in mind - a space for you to come together and connect with your team, both near and far. With delicious breakfast and lunch meals provided (and with plenty of snacks), you'll always stay fuelled to take on the day. Zoom the Sydney team with tea and biscuit? You got it!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
Canva’s Marketing & Growth team in China is a diverse team of marketers who drive user growth, brand awareness, and affinity in the China market. You’ll partner closely with leads across the China Group to build and implement a comprehensive multi-year strategy for market-specific growth goals for China. You will also bridge China's marketing & growth team with the broader global Marketing Supergroup across Brand Marketing, PR & Comms, Social & Content, Partnerships, Product Marketing, and Creative.
What you'll do...
- Responsible for marketing and user growth in China, across the channels of social media, influencer marketing, community engagement, PR, partnerships, search engine optimization, ASO, performance marketing, lifecycle management, etc. and product-led initiatives.
- You’ll identify key opportunities, challenges, and local levers to drive the growth of the Canva brand, user base, and product adoption in the China market.
- You'll demonstrate a deep understanding of the China market dynamics, cultural nuances, and user needs to market Canva to a wide range of audiences, including knowledge workers, SMBs, students, startup ecosystems, NGOs, and other emerging sectors.
- You'll ideate a comprehensive GTM strategy in close partnership with Product, Engineering, Sales, Research, Visual Content, and other functions in the China group to coordinate various global and local programs and translate company-wide strategies into actionable marketing plans.
- You'll own the marketing budget and growth metrics, also work closely with Finance, Data and Research to identify areas where Canva can improve the effectiveness and ROI
- Uphold our brand strategy and scale new programs and experiences to support our mission and brand values in our internal and external communities.
- Hire and lead outstanding marketers over time, mobilizing them to implement the vision while positioning them to achieve their bold professional development goals.
- Play a key role in the global International Marketing Team in forging relationships, collaborating on strategic projects, aligning goals and resources with global stakeholders and global teams.
You're probably a match if...
- 10+ years of marketing experience, and 5+ years of leadership experience, where you have successfully delivered results driving awareness, acquisition, growth, and retention. You are currently in a Head of Marketing, Growth Marketing Director, Brand Marketing Director or similar role capacity
- Experience in technology, internet, or SaaS industry
- Experience in start-up sectors, or in the broader East Asia market is strongly preferred.
- Experience devising GTM strategies in China with proven results and an ultimate growth mindset
- Great networking and public speaking skills, allowing you to lead initiatives and build partnerships with local and national level officials, business executives, and influential figures.
- Keen analytical skills, with the ability to turn complex, disparate datasets into insights that drive strategies and solutions.
- Skills and experience in budget management, regularly identifying the most cost-effective approaches to drive the growth metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to successfully influence and communicate complex information clearly to global stakeholders, your team, and external partners, and through marketing material.
- A natural teammate, with a proven track record of cross-functional leadership and partnership.
- Able to grow, inspire, and coach high-performing teams. High emotional intelligence and empathy.
- Full proficiency in English is required.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.