Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We are searching for a Product Designer with experience in growth design to join our Authentication team and drive the design direction for our product’s login and signup experiences. This includes identifying high-impact product ideas and working alongside product, infrastructure, and marketing in order to deliver seamless end-to-end experiences that will cater to our global audience in order to help users gain access to and experience Canva.
You will have a direct impact on our Monthly Active User company foundational goal by ensuring that new and existing users can easily sign-up and log-in with methods that are tailored to their region and platform. You continuously seek to understand and collaborate closely with a cross-functional team to develop experiments that articulate and validate hypotheses, utilising data to provide valuable insights that inform a path forward. You are motivated by fast-paced, iterative product improvements that truly move the needle, and additionally serve as stepping stones towards a large product vision.
You will work with product designers, content designers, product managers, data analysts, growth marketing, and engineers across the User Growth group, Growth supergroup, and Canva, and have a team-focussed design mentality. You are excited for and have experience in leveraging every aspect of the user-centered design process to tackle challenging user problems and are comfortable collaborating with and influencing stakeholders across Canva to achieve alignment and buy-in.
Goals that you'll achieve:
- Meeting teams and building up relationships within your team and different parts of the business
- Understanding Canva’s acquisition channels, user sign-up and log-in flows, onboarding journeys, and our 2023 strategies
- A deep understanding of Canva’s implementation of user authentication, working with data and research in order to identify new opportunities and support different functions across the business
- Collaborate with your team to identify opportunities to make the user sign-up and log-in experience more tailored, seamless and scalable for our global userbase
- Confidently communicate and collaborate with teams outside of the immediate Authentication team to launch cross-team initiatives to unlock new opportunities in areas such as cross-platform usage and SSO
- Become a domain expert in authentication flows and designing a vision for a simple authentication experience for our growing base of new users in markets around the world as we scale for billions
The skills & experience that we are looking for
- You have 5+ years of professional UX/product design experience, ideally with experience designing for multiple platforms, multiple regions and for scale.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in product thinking where you have previously shipped UX/UI design for digital products.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products, and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big-picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
- You enjoy a little flexibility in your work. Our growth means there are constantly new things to work on every day, as such it’s likely that you’ll often be working across the board on new and exciting projects.
About the Product Design team
One of the principles of our design team is to ‘show the future’. As designers we transport the rest of the company into a future we are yet to build. A big part of the role of a product designer at Canva is to be a visionary—visualising and reinventing the future of design.
Product designers at Canva take the dream and make it something everyone can relate to and rally behind. We start from the very early stages: finding the right problem to tackle, exploring ideas for how to solve it and then refining it into a coherent solution. Our product designers carry out research, brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and collaboration with our engineers to ship great products. We are empathetic user advocates and respect our users’ opinions through interviews, usability testing, and data analysis, as well as wireframing, flowcharting, and journey mapping to show the different stages that customers go through as they come into contact with Canva.
About the the group you'll be joining
The User Growth group is on a mission to increase activation, frequency of use, and drive viral adoption of Canva globally. We’re laser focussed on driving impact on monthly active user (MAU) metrics that are mission-critical for us achieving our company goals.
We leverage our mature experimentation framework, data, and research capabilities to maximise the performance of our top-of-funnel product-led growth engine, which encompasses new users' first experience as they visit http://canva.com
, sign-up, and familiarise themselves with all that Canva has to offer.
We have come a long way, but we have huge company growth aspirations and crazy big goals; as a product designer joining the User Growth group you’ll be critical in helping us make Canva a household name.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.