Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Almost 100% of our users will interact with Search and Recommendations Group features every time they come to Canva. We are responsible for the AI, Machine Learning, Infrastructure, & User Experience that powers many parts of Canva’s core product experience.
Our work is the key discovery mechanism to promote and expose Canva’s content to current and potential users. Without good discovery, users will never know we even have content!
Once you’ve settled in and have a comfortable grasp of the product, environment, and processes, you’ll get to tackle more responsibility and start leveraging your previous experience — bringing new insights to the table concerning everything from feature development, process improvement, and product suggestions. Your day to day activities will consist of solution design and hands-on software development – working closely with leads, designers, and product managers to deliver features and functionality to our customers all over the world.
Some of the key capabilities we own/contribute include:
- Running & deploying our core search & recommender indexes & services
- Improving our ML rankers across search & recommendations
- Integrating AI technologies into our ranking & content understanding capabilities
- Building the amazing search & recommendations experience in the editor & marketplace
- Building the private search experience - similar to Google Drive
- Iterating on our generative design product - Magic Design
- Experience in using machine learning / data science to conceive, implement and deploy product features (especially in search/recommendations)
- Experience in quick validation of new ideas via prototypes and solid measurement of benefit via experiments (especially in search/recommendations)
Experience in any of these areas is beneficial:
- Query understanding
- Natural language processing
- Machine learning in search
- Data analysis in search
- Recommendation models
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs, team events and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
If you're seeking professional growth and enjoy working on large, distributed, cloud-based applications that delight our millions of individual and business users alike - then apply now to be considered for the position!
If you require visa sponsorship, you must ensure you have at least two (2) years of post-University commercial experience as a Software Engineer and meet the mandatory sponsorship requirements
laid out by Department of Home Affairs.
We will not accept or review any CVs from external recruitment agencies.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.