We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
About UsAt Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the roleThe Proposal Specialist will work as a member of the sales operations team and along cross-functional teams to complete proposal projects (i.e security questionnaires) to win new business and retain existing business. This position will be responsible for strategic content initiatives to include drafting, updating, and classifying business development and security/risk narrative, graphics, and statistical data. This individual will independently and co-dependently manage and fulfill business development responsibilities, as assigned, which include requests for proposals (RFP), requests for information (RFI), and Vendor Risk Assessments (VSA).
What you'll do:
- Act as the primary responder and first line of defense for multiple RFPs/RFIs/Security Questionnaires, addressing 80 to 90% of customer questions and information requests using our library of responses to common questions and related, supporting collateral
- Assist Legal team in reviewing client’s Security Exhibits/Data Processing Addendum and pulling in the necessary Security or Privacy personnel to finalize the document
- Help create, maintain, manage, and expand the team’s central repository of proposal narrative and security questions
- Collaborate with members of the sales, security, marketing, finance, legal, product, and R&D teams to maintain an efficient and effective curated library of common yet flexible responses and related collateral
- Demonstrate efficiency and multi-tasking abilities to work under pressure in a fast-paced, tight deadline-driven environment, while meeting promised deadlines
- Meet with the Security Team once per quarter to identify and prioritize Sales’ Team needs to update Security roadmap with the ultimate goal to streamline a client’s vendor risk assessment during the sales cycle
- Maximize the utilization of and effectiveness of Whistic and RPFIO, tools that were acquired to streamline our intake of questionnaires
Who you are:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both orally and written)
- Ability to multi-task, be proactive, work independently or in a team setting and establish priorities with a wide range of colleagues
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort to help close deals
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive outlook/sense of humor
- Proficient in Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office (specifically MS Word and MS Excel)
- Experience in RFPIO or other proposal content management systems a plus
- Experience in cybersecurity, information security or risk management a plus
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.