Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the team
As a Manager within our FP&A team, you will partner exclusively with our dynamic and ever growing Content & Discovery (C&D) Supergroup, becoming their key strategic and operational partner.
Canva would not exist without content! Our templates, photos, fonts, elements, stock media and more play a critical role in empowering our users to design anything and publish anywhere. Content is critical throughout the business and is a key driver across user acquisition, engagement, retention and revenue.
Within the finance team you’ll be a critical part of the FP&A User Program, working closely with the User Program Lead and other members of the program to turn chaos to clarity across Canva’s user growth strategy. This means intimately understanding growth levers at a strategic and operational level, connecting the dots and understanding the interplay between Content & other areas of Canva such as user acquisition and monetisation.
About the role
- Provide decision support to multiple stakeholders in C&D to drive strategic outcomes and cross-functional alignment
- Proactively identify, seek context and collaboratively solve high impact problems for both C&D and FP&A
- Create and be a key owner of robust performance & planning across C&D, connecting strategy to execution to tracking and onwards to our financial plan. This will involve driving financial hygiene / operational excellence foundations
- You’ll own & execute the C&D finance team vision to ensure we’re well positioned to meet C&D and FP&A’s needs now and into the future
- You’ll have a strong coaching relationship with the C&D Finance Partners to help them grow professionally
- Support the wider finance team with ad hoc initiatives or projects
We'd love it if you
- Are an experienced FP&A/consulting professional; SaaS or content industry experience is a plus, but not essential
- Have extensively demonstrated your ability to proactively identify, understand and collaboratively solve strategic and operational problems
- Have solid experience building and running planning (budget, forecasting, modelling) and performance (reporting, tracking, benefits realisation) cycles
- Display great interpersonal skills and can form meaningful relationships based on transparency, dependability and trust
- Are comfortable operating in a chaotic, unstructured environment and have demonstrated success in setting your own direction and creating clarity for others
- Are someone who has a clear understanding of their leadership style, experienced in rallying & leading teams to set and achieve goals
- Don't mind getting your hands dirty in this foundational phase of the team
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.