Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
This role is a part of the close knit Global Legal group here at Canva. The teams you will support include Commercial Legal, Corporate Legal, Public Policy & Government Affairs, and Regulatory and Compliance, with the Leads and their teams being based in the US, Australia and UK.
About the Role/Specialty
The Legal team has a big mission to protect and serve Canva and its key stakeholders; balancing the need to protect Canva from external risks with the need to best serve our team to move fast and make their crazy big goals happen.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. The role will provide administration and operational support to 4 of our Legal Leads and their teams in ensuring they are set up to work most efficiently and effectively, to make their crazy big goals happen. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves to juggle, build relationships with lots of different stakeholders, anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the whole world to design and do the most good possible.
What You'll Do:
- Time management: You will ensure that the Lead’s time is used efficiently through calendar management, coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, and tracking action items and follow-ups.
- Meeting and internal training preparation: You will prepare for meetings and internal events by coordinating and assisting in building any presentation materials, conducting research and managing attendee invites.
- Goal Support: You will support in the tracking of goals - set up of specialty jigsaws and Jira boards.
- Travel planning: You will plan travel by handling both logistical travel arrangements as well as trip itineraries.
- Team activities: You will organize celebrations, cards/gifts, and off-sites, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life, and having the best time doing it.
- Billing Support: You will manage external counsel spend through our e-billing software including liaising with external counsel on invoice requirements
- Mail Support: You will organize and deliver documents by receiving, scanning and notifying the relevant people of mail as it comes in; mailing & couriering time sensitive legal documents.
- Legal administration: You will assist the team with file management, coordinating collection of electronic signatures, proofreading documents, completing forms, and CPD record tracking and maintenance.
- General administration: You will support with wide range of tasks as they come up, including expenses, maintaining the internal and external facing Legal specialty hubs in Confluence, and other ad hoc requests.
Who You Are:
- You come with some Executive or Admin Assistant experience, with an interest in legal. Legal office experience preferred!
- You are comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You're proactive with a bias for action and getting things done. Happy to roll up your sleeves with any task, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
- You're passionate for building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally.
- You are a standout colleague with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- You are a quick learner, and comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment.
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, you’re highly organized and have phenomenal verbal and written communication skills.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.