We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.At Canva our mission is to make beautiful design possible for everyone by transforming the way corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and educators work all over the world. Through this democratisation of design, we aim to have a significant positive impact on society.Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially. We are one of the world’s fastest growing startups and the journey has only just begun. Joining Canva now means you become an integral part of this adventure.About the teamOur culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed and constantly improved to let you do great work. We mean it when we say it is important to us that we create a workplace that you love coming to.About youWe take great pride in designing a product and an encompassing experience that users really love. Just check out our Twitter stream. Your colleagues at Canva — like you — enjoy being the best at their craft and coming together as a team to create something world-class. Aside from thousands of professionally designed layouts, Canva is also home to millions of vectors for our users to use in their designs. Vectors play a big part in creating good design. Thousands of new vectors are uploaded in the Canva library every week to ensure we are regularly providing fresh and diverse content for our users. As an illustrator, your task is to ensure that these vectors are high-quality and appropriate for our users and the platform.
What you'll do...
- Produce illustrations in different styles with high technique and quality while meeting user needs
- Produce illustrations in line with the brief given by the creative lead
- Curate graphic collections for current design trends
We'd love it if you...
- Have illustration, animation, or graphic design experience (illustrator, graphic designer, animator, multimedia arts)
- Have a strong eye and passion for and experience creating illustrations with style variation
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of illustration (visual and technical style)
- Have proven ability to select highly relevant, usable illustrations with high quality and technique
- Have online portfolio with illustration samples
- Are skilled with Adobe Illustrator (Adobe Animate is a plus)
- Are BIR-registered
- Have these equipments: Computer/Laptop (with hi-res screen preferrable) and high-speed internet
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.