Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Product Growth & Revenue Platform teams:
The Growth ‘supergroup’ is Canva’s centre of excellence for product-led growth. The work Growth does spans from building exciting new growth-focused products & experiences, developing unique and creative growth loops and GTM tactics, launching 100s of experiments each quarter, through to building the global payments & subscriptions infrastructure that allows our 100M+ monthly users worldwide to access our premium products.
As part of the Product Growth supergroup, the Revenue Platform group is owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one-off transaction. No two countries are the same, so it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
What you'll do :
- Focus on improving market payment success rates.
- Working with researchers, growth managers, payment service providers and data analysts to identify opportunities for optimisation.
- Implementing enhancements to integration between Canva and payment service providers.
- Conducting A/B experiments to optimise for payment success while minimising fraud.
- Working with Revenue Platform service teams to surface information required to improve payment success rates.
- Working primarily BE but expected to interact with FE code components and be open to skilling up.
Key skills and experience desired:
- 5+ years of experience at a software development company (we can adapt the role and compensation for different levels of expertise - senior/principal engineers welcome to apply!)
- Strong competency in Java
- Competency working with relational databases
- Strong knowledge of building APIs
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements, iterate ideas and build custom solutions
- (Bonus) Experience with financial systems
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.