Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Conducting an Internal audit: Auditing the existing editor experience and design system for accessibility gaps and making general recommendations for improvements.
Addressing external audit requirements: Working with the team to address known recommendations that help us meet accessibility requirements identified by our external accessibility audit partners.
Supporting our advocacy model: Pairing with Product Designers in product teams as a subject matter expert to enhance the education of accessibility considerations across product teams and experiences, reinforcing our shared library of components and patterns.
Evolving accessibility in our Design System: Supporting our Design System teams by making Easel, Canva's design system, even more accessible, including design, drafting documentation, fixing bugs, refining existing assets and improving tooling.
Designing Accessible Editing features: Partnering with the team's PM and Engineering Lead to build features that makes the experience of editing Canva more accessible.
You're probably a match if
- You have an accessible systems mindset: With a deep, nuanced appreciation and understanding of different disability models, and accessibility needs and universal design and accessibility-related standards, help build a world-class product and design system through accessibility considerations in service of the Canva platform, enhancing the user experience and business value. Improve designer and developer efficiency by folding accessibility considerations into new and existing ideas.
- You have experience with design thinking, research and data analysis: You'll have demonstrable experience in design thinking methodologies that help understand the problem and drive stakeholder discussions, ideation and alignment. Leveraging user research processes that help understand user and business needs while supporting design decisions by measuring outcomes.
- Collaboration & Communication are a strength: You love cross-team and cross-functional collaboration, discussion and change management. You have strong experience giving and receiving constructive feedback, supporting incoming queries about accessibility, and pairing with individuals and teams to achieve necessary changes. You love creating a shared understanding: You're able to articulate, draft and publish clear guidance, which assists consumers the Design System, in making informed decisions.
- You have experience designing for accessible standards: You have experience interpreting and designing for detailed specifications (WCAG 2.1 AA) with a genuine interest and commitment to creating an accessible experience for all current and future users.
- Systems-to-product alignment: You understand, question, and suggest improvements that strike the right balance for the task so that designers can create coherent, consistent, and delightful product experiences across Canva's platform.
About the team
- Canva wants to be the most-accessible design tool in the world – and with strong, sustained internal support from leadership and core product teams, our Accessibility Team is set to achieve this mission.
- Accessibility is a deep, complex problem on the cutting edge of modern web and mobile applications. Canva is in a prime position to increase our accessibility offering by building a design platform that everyone can use and providing them with product solutions that make user-generated designs accessible by default.
- But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang has to say about working in Design at Canva -
- "I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.