Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
You're probably a match if:
- You have five-plus (5+) years of software development experience developing complex applications using Java/Python or Golang
- You have strong knowledge of CI and related technologies
- You have firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- You have strong communication and collaborative skills, both written and verbal
- You have intimate knowledge of types of datastores
Nice to have; Not required:
- Golang or Python experience
- Platform Engineering
- Observability tools
- Performance, especially load testing
About the team
You'll be joining the Test Enablement Group, a sub-group of the broader Infrastructure Supergroup responsible for providing developers with tooling to develop features with confidence, free from errors. The Test Enablement team envisions a world where time or fulfilment is not stolen by software errors. We want to ensure Canva employees enjoy and have confidence in their developer experience so that Canva’s users have a delightful experience. We never get time back, so we want to maximise the time Canva employees and users use so that it is never wasted.
As a member of the team, you will be working closely with our engineers to understand their issues to unblock them and improve their effectiveness. Your day-to-day work includes optimising our observability, tooling and the overall stability of tests across the CI pipelines, building and crafting Software that will provide facts driven by data points to our engineers where they can improve and save time. You will solve problems that there is no vendor that we can buy the solution.
We are after passionate people who should have a high level of engineering excellence, and who would like to lead and improve Canvas Engineers' quality of life.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Software Engineer - Abbie Wade has to say about working in Engineering at Canva -
"The challenges that I am solving do not have a known solution, which means I get to create and innovate each day."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.