Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia, but with many of our Canvanauts calling the Philippines home, our office in Manila is a buzzing place. Whether your role needs you in the office, at home or a bit of both, we've created an environment that truly empowers you to thrive.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About The Role
We're looking for insightful data analysts who are curious about our product and our users, and who are thrilled to seek out valuable insights. You'll act as a genuine data partner with your team and the broader business. We have a LOT of data and need people who can use their skills to help us make the most of it!
The User Voice super-group consists of 4 groups, 30+ teams in over 5 sites with hundreds of people who work together towards providing Canva users with an excellent support and Help experience. We aim to make it easy for Canva users to seek help and support whenever they get stuck.
You will be coming in as the Data Analyst for the Global User Voice Enablement Group (fondly called GrUVE)—on a mission to delight Canva users with every support interaction, by scalably empowering every specialist to deliver excellent quality support.
You will work with the GrUVE team to enable our specialists to deliver the best service possible through improvements in Work Force Management, Content, Learning and Development, Vendor Management, Process Design, Quality and Specialist Tools Enablement.
This role will rely on your particular strengths in building out data-driven decisions, communicating closely with partners, and organising your fellow data team members such that the data attitude in this space is highly proactive.
What you’ll do
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and others to figure out data we should collect, and how we'll do so;
- Ensure that our data is robust and faithfully represents what we intended to measure;
- Synthesizing data available to better understand our users – we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to know what sticks;
- Formulate mathematical and statistical models that can help us understand and improve our overall strategy of improving our product;
- Suggest, set up, and run experiments that will actually move our metrics – when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant graph;
- Build and maintain dashboards for our product and operations teams, and make them look really good – you don’t need to be a designer or have any design talent, you just need to want to build things that look cool;
- Apply quantitative methods to real user feedback, so that we can identify and fix the issues that our users are having;
- Help us improve our analytics workflows by identifying better processes and methods;
- Improve Canva’s broader business processes using quantitative methods - help us answer questions like “How large should our support staff be?”, “When should we upgrade our servers”, etc;
- Help organise and write our documentation and manuals, so that our tools and processes are more accessible;
- Mentor and train future analysts as they join the team at Canva;
- Use our mathematical, analytical, and statistical methods with our giant databases to answer the sort of questions that sound really simple but turn out to be very challenging (and fun!); and
- Help us extend data literacy and curiosity throughout the whole company.
- Excellent SQL proficiency, you’ll need to work with our data warehouse regularly
- Functional knowledge of working with data in R or Python/Pandas - you should be able to handle things like time series and forecasting methods
- Ability to communicate effectively sophisticated concepts and quantitative insights concisely, with actionable “so-what” with internal and external customers
- Have intermediate functional knowledge of Google Sheets / Excel
- Able to implement in a complex environment amidst some ambiguity
- Able to prioritize focus of effort and inquiry with an eye to business impact/outcomes
- Able to translate strategic concepts to operational implications
- Bias towards immediate actions and results
- Humility/willingness to question one’s own assumptions/desire to constantly improve
- Accessible, approachable, and collaborative
- Functional knowledge of general programming in Python is a plus, as the role will eventually involve automating processes
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.