We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you. About Us
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.About Businesses & Education Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design, and we have launched multiple SaaS products tailored to the needs of some of our biggest audiences; Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for NFPs, and Canva for Education.The Businesses & Education Super-Group is responsible for the success of these products, which have millions of customers in almost every country around the world and are responsible for driving much of Canva’s revenue. The Businesses & Education Super-Group is responsible for the end to end of these products; everything from crafting & building amazing product experiences, our GTM strategies to launch them, commercial partnerships, global distribution strategies, and so much more. While we have achieved a lot, we aim to 10x the growth of each of these products globally over the next few years. The Super-Group is made up of 5 Groups, 25 teams and almost 200 diverse individuals who work together to delight our users with our tailored products and help Canva to achieve its user and SaaS revenue growth goals.About youThe Operations Lead role will be responsible for building the strategy, teams & systems to help the group scale quickly from X to 500+ people, to support hundreds of millions of MAUs & billions of dollars in subscription ARR from our premium products. We’re looking for an operational powerhouse with a proven track record of delivering impressive results in a high-growth SaaS business. You have experience leading commercial strategies in a SaaS business and you understand what ‘great’ looks like across Product & Go-To Market when it comes to building and growing a market-leading Subscription product.You thrive building systems, teams and processes that scale. You understand the people side of effective operations as much as the data-driven aspect, and are comfortable playing to both. You understand the different principles of the specialties that build and grow a great product; Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing & Sales, and the nuances of how they work effectively together.You have a collaborative spirit and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, ready to roll up your sleeves and work with a varied range of stakeholders and teams.You have a growth mindset and value detail as much as the big picture. You believe that you have something valuable to learn from everyone you work with and take this open mind into every interaction. You’re hyper organized and an effective communicator. You’re passionate about what you do, and ready to take on the biggest challenge of your career at Canva.
- Build the Operations vision and the strategy for 2022 & beyond. You’ll spend time understanding the business and product goals of Businesses & Education, how we work today, how we grow, and where we want to be in 5 years. You’ll then craft a vision for how Operations will evolve in the group over the next 1-2 years.
- Bring a unified view to our Commercial streams. You’ll build a unified operational view of our commercial SaaS strategies across our products (Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for Education) and our distribution strategies, to ensure we are constantly focused on the areas of highest impact to achieve Canva’s growth goals. You’ll ensure we are preparing to deliver the highest impact projects in 2022. Build and coach effective teams. You’ll play a key role in bringing in key Operations & Commercial hires to scale yourself, as well as supporting leaders across the group to scale their workforces.
- Start delivering results. You’ll roll up your sleeves and start working with teams to deliver results immediately, mapping out the current landscape and working through the highest impact opportunities from building scalable systems to launching new commercial opportunities for Canva.
What you'll be doing
- You will partner closely with our Global Head of Subscriptions Products & Revenue, to oversee the holistic Operations & Commercial strategy and systems for the group that is responsible for building and growing our premium SaaS products, the Businesses & Education group.
- Hiring and scaling is challenging. Map out the current group structure and workforce, partner with our People Partner to build a strategy and vision to maximise effectiveness and team happiness as the group doubles in size over the next 12 months.
- Build and manage a strategy to bring in contractors and specialist agencies to break through glass ceilings and bottlenecks to help Canva move as fast as possible.
- Play a lead role in aligning and influencing leadership both in the supergroup and across Canva, facilitating and building out best practice workflows.
- Work with Group Leadership to build a unified commercial view of our strategies across our premium SaaS products to guide and inform Leadership on progress and critical opportunities.
- Support our Product & Growth leaders with launching high impact new initiatives & scaling their groups.
- Take direct ownership of driving new commercial opportunities from zero to one, while building the teams that take them from 1 to 100.
- Build a strategy to scale and oversee a core team of program managers, who will partner directly with Product & GTM groups.
- Get started on high value areas while building out this team.
- Lead the build out of documentation, dashboards & reporting that allow for quick and efficient understanding of resource capacity and project status.
Experience you'll need
- 7+ years’ experience working in an Operations role in a SaaS business with at least five years’ experience in a management or leadership capacity.
- Expertise in SaaS business model and GTM strategies
- Experience taking revenue growth strategies from idea to execution and achieving incredible outcomes for your company
- An ability to dive into raw data to critically analyse the performance of key strategies, or identify opportunities for new ones and quickly turn those insights into go-forward action.
- Experience working with each of the key functions that build and grow a SaaS business; Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Marketers & Sales.
- A track record of designing & building high performing organisations, as well as hiring, installing and leading excellent leaders.
- In-depth knowledge of project management & resourcing strategy
- Experience building scalable systems to prioritise, manage and track progress and results across a large & fast growing organisation.
- Proven experience of effectively managing large-scale projects from problem through to delivery
- You are passionate about building quality products that delight users, and deeply believe that solving real customer problems is the best way to grow a business
- You live for organising work and teams and you get the most out of the teams you work with
- You specialise in bringing clarity to chaos
- You can handle ambiguity
- You have a strong sense of urgency when it comes to unblocking teams Strong communication skills when talking to creative ideas with your team; empathy with creatives
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.