Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hiya, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but we have a swanky new office in London that has all the bells and whistles. Even though you'll find us in Shoreditch, you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
When you join our team in the UK, you'll also be joining forces with Flourish, who were acquired by us in 2022. Flourish enables everyone to change the way they tell stories with data by creating rich, animated data visualizations and other interactive content that can be embedded anywhere - including in Canva!
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role is open to candidates in the UK, Germany, Czechia, or Austria
At Pexels, we empower artists to showcase their work to millions of users annually. Our stock photo and video marketplace is one of the largest ruby sites in the world. The content is ingested into Canva, making it available for everyone to use.
While we're part of Canva we're excited to continue consistently building great new features for the standalone Pexels product. As a team, we're curating a highly-motivated, high-trust, empowered group of engineers building large-scale global products
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Developing new features that simplify the way users experience our products
- Contribute to the evolving frontend stack as part of a highly functional and passionate team
- Participate in software design sessions and PR reviews
- Help set up and monitor goals and milestones and contribute to the product roadmap planning
What we are looking for
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and building commercial web applications
- Experience working with HTML, CSS, JS, React, Typescript, and functional reactive programming patterns such as MobX and RxJS
- Knowledge in CI/CD and different testing techniques to write highly reliable code
- Interest in mentoring and coaching more junior engineers on the team
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues
- Taking ownership in driving projects end-to-end
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.