- One of Australia's biggest banks - A top 100 ASX listed Company
- Deliver new frameworks at the Better Big Bank to uplift our data maturity
- Grow & develop with us to deliver our new data governance framework. Make a positive impact & lead people excited by data to uplift our capabilities.
- Permanent Salary plus benefits – see our website for more info
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life, feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the role
Join us at the start of our journey as we roll out the framework for data governance across our organisation. You’ll play a leading role within the newly formed Data Governance team in creating and delivering our data quality framework and embedding data ownership within our business. You’ll be in involved in establishing new business process, gain experience through implementing enterprise tools and track progress against goals to uplift maturity in data governance and risk management. Working closely with our Data Stewards (champions of data best practice) from a range of different business units, you will act as mentor and guide them and their leaders to understand and improve data quality and data management processes across our business and technology areas. This role will suit someone who is passionate about driving value from data and someone who is comfortable pushing through change and working through processes.
- Provide consistent guidance and support to Business and Technical Data Custodians and Data Stewards regarding agreed process, organisational standards and enterprise tooling as part of the centralised Data Governance Team.
- Operational execution and monitoring of progress of the Data Quality and Information Governance Frameworks.
- Design and documentation of operational processes related to the implementation of Data Risk Management and Information Governance Frameworks.
- Promoting and supporting the implementation of Data Governance with stakeholders through demonstrated expertise in enterprise governance toolkits.
- Application of best practice guidance and framework within projects and business initiatives.
- Co-ordination and facilitation of Data Steward Chapters and knowledge share forums such as the Data User Group.
- Providing insights and recommendations to Data Risk Management and Information Governance forums.
- Actively driving the implementation of prioritised activities that support the Group Data Strategy and delivery of the Data Risk Management and Information Governance Frameworks.
- Previous experience in delivery in a Business Analyst, Data Quality Analyst or Risk Management role or similar.
- Proven experience with Data Quality Management, Data Profiling and Metadata management tools, as well as the ability to write scripts with SQL to create queries and mine for data.
- Practical knowledge of industry best practice with respect to Data Governance, Data Risk and Data Quality Management.
- You’ll possess a high comfort in mentoring and leading others, to help uplift their understanding of data governance and data risk management.
- Ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders and organise forums and workshops to address and implement policies and processes.
- You’ll be able to display a positive team attitude and willingness to help others to drive organisational outcomes and change.
- Significant experience in business and stakeholder engagement, understanding business needs, strengthening stakeholder acceptance and influencing change.
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the advert may close before the listed closing date.