Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About IT Group:
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to improve the potential of every Canvanaut through outstanding technology & service. We realise our vision through our mission pillars to empower every person and team, everywhere and anytime, with frictionless experiences, built for the future.
The group consists of Business Systems, Customer Systems, Technology Experience and IT Platform subgroups.
About the role:
As the IT Group Tech Lead, you will be responsible for aligning the IT technology roadmap to business strategy by aligning our business, technology and data architecture. You have a dedication to go deep into the weeds of specific strategic projects to drive alignment, while zooming out to ensure the IT Group's portfolio consistently delivers to the most meaningful business outcomes predictably.
You gain energy from driving adoption of scalable practices, and have a proven track record of building a culture of technical excellence in changing environments. You balance risk with benefit to bring responsible adoption of new groundbreaking technologies to the business.
What you'll be doing!
- Partner with IT Group Lead and various stakeholders across Canva to define and align the IT Group's technology principles that build clarity in our approach across business, technical, and data considerations.
- Step into critical IT goals, including our technology management at scale strategy, to own delivery of key engineering artefacts
- Bring clarity and build out a technology architecture that meets the business outcomes and needs for years to come.
- Partner with the IT Group Lead in building an 12-24 month IT strategic roadmap in alignment with the following company planning cadence, optimally addressing the capabilities that we need to strategically invest in maturing.
- Build a comprehensive set of recommendations and a roadmap for tech excellence within the IT Group, including where we further embed Canva Engineering’s ways of working into the IT Group, changes to our delivery process, and the combination of process + technology changes that are needed to build scalability in our practices
- Experience implementing technology & business architecture principles at a high growth / multifaceted environment
- Deep experience in “corporate” or “business” domains including HRIS, ERP, CRM as well as driving scalable strategies for data in these domains
- This role requires a lot of documentation and internal team members alignment; therefore exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as visualizations are required
- Expertise in Enterprise, Business, and/or Solution Architecture practices such as TOGAF, Archimate, etc.
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Passionate about engineering excellence, systems architecture and non-functional requirements.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and a solid understanding of business processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and business outcomes
- Experience with business technology strategy for mergers & acquisitions
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.