Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but Austria is home to part of our European operations. And with that you will have choice in how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're nearby), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
Fun fact - our Austrian team actually started out as Kaleido before being acquired by us in 2021. Kaleido's product team develops visual AI products, that make complex things simple for users. Now, together we deliver visual AI features within Canva to help reimagine how artificial intelligence can be used in design. We think it's a perfect match.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
This role is open to candidates in the UK, Germany, Czechia or Austria
At Pexels, we empower artists to showcase their work to millions of users annually. Our stock photo and video marketplace is one of the largest ruby sites in the world. The content is ingested into Canva, making it available for everyone to use.
While we're part of Canva we're excited to continue consistently building great new features for the standalone Pexels product. As a team, we're curating a highly-motivated, high-trust, empowered group of engineers building large-scale global products
At the moment this role is focused on:
- Working with designers and product managers to scope out new features, functionality, and technical requirements.
- Proposing and implementing innovative approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof features.
- Passionately seek solutions to challenges with a scale and performance angle - be motivated by the idea of debugging, benchmarking, building exciting things, and picking up new technologies and skills as you grow.
- Participating in code review processes, as a code author and a reviewer.
What we are looking for
- Proven record crafting high-performance commercial software in Ruby for large-scale global projects.
- Broad knowledge of Cloud (AWS), Networking, and OS (Linux) concepts, services, and best practices.
- Grounded in computer science and engineering fundamentals including concurrency, multithreading, data structures, solution design, architecture, and design patterns.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills for leading technical and non-technical conversations with colleagues.
- A strong sense of ownership over sophisticated problems and their related solutions
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.