Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the Group/Team
Here at Canva this role is titled Admin Business Partner, and will see you providing support to Canva’s Leadership team.
We have multiple roles available supporting different groups across the business - including Marketing, Product Growth and User Voice. These roles support different levels of leaders, varying number of leads and their teams, and as a growing function these roles will give you the opportunity to own what the role looks like for you and those you'll support.
Your role is to partner with the lead to support their day-to-day administration and operations to ensure they’re set up for success. Rather than report into this lead, you will report into Canva’s Leadership Operations role and you’ll work hand in hand to ensure that the administrative needs of the leaders are prioritised and supported. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to Canva’s global mission to empower the whole world to design and do the most good possible.
About the Role/Specialty
This role is part of the close-knit Leadership Operations team here at Canva. This role will provide strategic support to our global Group Leads to extend their reach and capacity. Canva's Leadership Operations team are the ones laying the foundations, expertly building and refining processes and keeping everything ticking over smoothly. Our mission is to build and optimise ways of working to empower Canvanauts around the world to achieve Canva’s mission, strategy & goals as effectively as possible. We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes and demand your attention to detail, bias to action and proactive attitude at all time. We are looking for someone super-efficient, who loves nothing more than to roll their sleeves up with whatever's needed, anticipate issues before they arise and get stuff done.
What you'll do
- Time management: You'll ensure the Lead’s time is used efficiently through calendar management, coordinating meetings and tracking action items and follow ups.
- Meeting preparation: You'll prepare for meetings by coordinating and assisting in building any materials and research.
- Travel planning: You'll plan for travel by managing both logistical travel arrangements as well as trip itineraries.
- General administration: You'll help out with a wide range of business and personal tasks as they come up including expenses, documentation and any other ad hoc requests.
- Team activities: You'll support the organisation of season openers, celebrations, gifts and off-sites, ensuring everyone is empowered to do the best work of their life and having the best time doing it.
- Be a Real People Person: You’ll build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the company, this will be critical to ensuring that there is the right two-way visibility between the team and the business.
- Own the day to day: You'll be making sure that the group lead's time is spent in the most impactful areas by triaging meeting requests and running meetings effectively.
What we're looking for
- Experience empowering a leader one to one or a group of leaders through strong administrative support.
- You’ll be a team player with excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence. You love building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders around the business.
- You’re a quick learner, and comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous environment. You’re always looking for new ways to make things more efficient and solving problems in scalable ways making sure things get done the smart way not the hard way.
- You're a great listener, seeking to understand what has been tried in the past and how we can continue to improve our ways of working.
- You’ve got great attention to detail, you’re highly organised and are comfortable building out all sorts of communications - from written communications to Canva presentations.
- Keen presentation and great design skills (Canva’s made that bit easy!).
- Someone who can anticipate what's next or what's needed, and you've got a bias for action, constantly striving to get things done.
- You’ve got experience working with, and being a trusted partner to, a Leadership team and you’re comfortable handling sensitive and confidential information.
- You’re happy to roll up your sleeves with any task, keeping the bigger picture in mind, with no task being too small if it makes the team around you more effective.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.