Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the role
We are looking for a leader in the world of technical accounting and financial reporting - someone who seeks to redefine rather than follow the crowd. You are excited by the prospect of unraveling technical accounting problems by providing deep insights into the application of the standards, as well as being the internal expert on financial reporting requirements.
You’ll have a passion for making complex things simple and supercharging our processes to ensure our financial information is compliant with US GAAP and understandable by our stakeholders. You love applying your knowledge to solve commercial problems and guide Canva across its accounting policies and reporting processes.
As our Head of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting, you will be the architect of our US GAAP accounting, building the foundations for scalable and GAAP-compliant policies and reporting processes.
What you'll do
- Building the expertise in the team that can uplift our accounting policies and financial reporting procedures from IFRS and annual audits to a US GAAP-first and quarterized format in line with industry peers
- Providing technical accounting consultations for significant, challenging, or non-routine transactions including benchmarking to peers, alignment with GAAP, and collaborating closely with external advisors
- Stay informed with the technology industry, FASB pronouncements, and regulatory areas of focus such as from the SEC, to proactively address any impacts on Canva’s financial statements
- Help us build a knowledgeable, trusted, world-class US GAAP first accounting function, working with the broader accounting and finance team to shape processes to achieve this
- Develop repeatable and robust processes to prepare US GAAP-compliant financial statements
What we're looking for
- Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting experience, CPA (or equivalent) Qualified
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Previous public accounting or public company reporting exposure is highly preferred
- Experience working in the technology/software sector, or within a rapidly scaling global organization
- Proven commercial judgment with a flair and creative intuition for problem-solving
- You have strong leadership skills and are able to rally teams around complex goals and problem-solving
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, you know how to work practically with a range of senior stakeholders across the business and achieve the right balance to achieve compliant desired outcomes
Being a Force for good. One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience, and our overall assessment of what we observed and learned in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $208,000 to $317,000. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.