We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About Design Specialty
The Design Specialty in Manila aims to be the best design company in the world. That starts with hiring the best people and best designers to support the different teams in Canva.
Performance Marketing is a team supported by the Brand Creative subspecialty of the Design Specialty. The team is also under the Marketing & Engagement group. Performance Marketing ensures that internal and external communications are on-brand and helps provide design support across marketing teams.
About Marketing & Engagement
The Marketing & Engagement Group’s mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world. Marketing is still new as a function at Canva, and so we’re building a lot of our structures, cadences, budgets, processes and systems from the ground up.
With our mission to amplify Canva's story across digital touchpoints while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and intelligence.
You’ll work as part of our Growth Creative team, supporting the production squad. This role will cover a wide range of creative responsibilities from ideation, storyboarding, layout and art direction.
You will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing engaging ad creatives for our various growth marketing efforts. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in defining how growth marketing looks at Canva, delivering a wide variety of creative campaigns for our paid social channels.
What you will be doing...
- Storyboarding and producing keyframes for motion assets to be used in our video creatives. They will work closely with the motion and video squad.
- Moodboarding and producing hero imagery for static creative assets Work closely with creative leads in fleshing out moodboards for pitch
- Brand Illustration occasionally illustrate for the team’s internal and external requirements
We'd love it if you...
- 2+ years experience as a visualizer / graphic designer, creating a diverse range of branding and advertising campaigns.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them.
- A working knowledge in Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basic Adobe Premiere & After Effects. Knowledge in Figma or Sketch is a bonus!
- Good grasp of brand thinking, can easily understand the Canva visual language and tone of the brand.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for illustration, graphic design, branding and advertising.
- Strong visual communication skills, layout experience from typography and colour theory which you can use effectively in producing engaging ad creatives.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- Good communication skills to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Competencies for success...
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so best to show us your best sample campaigns or projects.
- You’re a hustler! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcome.
What you'll love at Canva...
- HMO with 2 Dependents on Day 1
- Equity options in one of the fastest growing startups in the world
- Professional educational allowance - we care about your growth
- Fitness membership
- In-house chef
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.