We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group & team
Our Brand mission is “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. Working within the Creative Group, the Company Squad will deliver digital experiences that help communicate Canva’s brand messaging and strategic company initiatives. The Company Squad’s responsibility is for maintaining and optimising digital experiences for critical company pages for including About us, Careers, Newsroom and Sustainability. An incredible opportunity to help develop our brand awareness, that has a direct impact on our MAUs and revenue goals, as well as setting great first impressions to attract top talent.
We’re actively working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. Digital designers in the Company Squad will have the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the business from Brand, Product, PR & Comms, and Talent Acquisition.
About the Digital Design specialty
Visual Designers, otherwise known as Digital Designers at Canva, are part of our Brand & Creative specialty alongside Brand designers, Motion designers, Videographers, Photographers etc.. Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
Visual design plays a critical role at the crossroads of Brand, Marketing and Product. We have millions of people visiting our landing pages everyday and you will be responsible for making sure this first interaction with our brand is memorable by building creative, user-friendly and on-brand digital experiences that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design. It is an incredible opportunity to help increase our brand awareness and also have a direct impact on our MAUs and ARR company goals.
Working in cross-functional teams you will help bring these designs to life from start to finish. Creating, managing, and producing visual design solutions for a variety of uses such as landing pages, websites, product graphics, email templates, brand campaigns etc....
Goals you’ll achieve:
- You'll scale and optimize a core set of existing landing pages including; About Us, Canva Newsrooms, What’s New & more
- You'll design and deliver new pages that support company initiatives e.g. Canva’s Accessibility page, Canva Foundation
- You'll research, define and drive the ongoing design strategy across our most impactful landing pages.
What you’ll do
- You'll work in a cross-functional team where you will be responsible to bring the design to life from start to finish. That may involve a wide range of tasks such as brainstorming, writing creative briefs or design documents, wireframes, visual designs, prototypes and interaction design.
- You'll contribute to the discovery phase with user stories, research, competitor analysis, wireframes, user flows etc. and help define the problem and solutions.
- You'll translate insights, data and user research into prototypes to validate ideas with stakeholders and end users.
- You'll design creative and on-brand visual solutions such as emails, banners, graphics, UI motions, landing pages and websites that drive users to the product and inspire them to create a design
- You'll work closely with engineers during implementation and review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, typography and general experience is flawless and on-brand.
- You'll iterate and optimise pages and user flows for conversion.
- You'll design at scale keeping in mind internationalisation, CMS integration, accessibility, design system, mobile design and various technical constraints and opportunities.
- You'll work collaboratively with other Digital Designers in the company to align and consolidate UI patterns, share knowledge and learnings, and improve overall website experiences
What we’re looking for
- A designer who is naturally curious and passionate about design with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources and trends. You are a master of your craft and love to bring projects to life. You are comfortable working in a high pace and iterative environment inside a cross functional team and can navigate from chaos to clarity. Highly collaborative, you are able to bring people with you on the design journey, proposing creative solutions informed by data and research while addressing business goals and strategies.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a digital or visual designer
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing landing pages, a strong understanding in user behavior, and how to drive conversion.
- You work iteratively and have experience with conversion optimization, A/B testing, User testing and using data to inform design decisions.
- You are comfortable with the various acquisition channels and are able to provide holistic and consistent solutions with SEO and SEM knowledge.
- You are a designer that is constantly inspired—motivating those around you through your passion and drive for what you do.
- You are excited by regularly coming up with new ideas, shipping new products and features that address your users’ real needs.
- You shine through your designs—creating user flows and wireframes that simplify user interactions
- You are eager to visually communicate your ideas through prototypes to test with users.
- You thrive in a collaborative workplace; partnering with other designers, engineers, product developers and other disciplines throughout the company.
- You appreciate big picture thinking. While details are everything, creating an experience that always keeps our users in mind is equally as important.
- You are a problem solver that’s excited by a challenge. You enjoy sitting in a room and whiteboarding ideas to confidently come up with simple, elegant solutions that everyone can move forward with.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values the backing of research and data analysis when it comes to designing modern solutions.
What you'll learn and how you'll develop at Canva
- Learn to design at scale and have a real impact on the business and on people’s everyday lives.
- Develop your craft with some of the most talented Product designers, Motion designers, Design researchers etc.
Canva is currently one of Australia’s hottest technology startups and has been ranked Australia’s #1 place to work.
We mean it when we say we want to create a workplace that you love coming to. Our culture is unlike anywhere else and our offices are designed with workspaces for every mood, to help you do great work. At Canva you can be part of a company that is growing rapidly, building a product that users really love.
Psst -We have two in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team - check out what's cooking at: https://instagram.com/canvalife
Being a Force for good
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.