Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
We're looking for an experienced Contingent Workforce Program Lead who will be responsible for overseeing an aligned, coordinated and streamlined approach cross-functionally across a number of teams (Legal, Talent Acquisition, Finance, IT & Security) that contribute to our overall contingent worker experience. This role willdrive and support various program initiatives to positively impact talent quality, process efficiencies and risk mitigation for Canva.
At the moment, this role is focused on
- Lead our contingent workforce program, partnering with our senior leadership teams to align and drive a clear vision and strategy for this space.
- Responsible for daily contingent workforce management operations, supporting both hiring managers and contractors (in partnership with the CW hiring team).
- Act as a trusted advisor with all internal business partners and key stakeholders, to ensure that our contingent workforce solutions meets business needs.
- Align consistent contingent workforce practices across the company and drive opportunities for continuous improvement, education and risk mitigation initiatives.
- Promote organisational understanding of our contingent workforce program, enabling teams to use contingent strategies as a key workforce lever.
- Design and build contractor management outsourcing solutions, optimising external supplier relationships and driving service performance and program compliance.
- Foster a high-performance, people-first team culture and a safe and supportive work environment that enables each person to grow and thrive.
You're probably a match if
- Demonstrated experience in global people operations, distributed workforce or contingent workforce solutions
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and ability to communicate complicated details effectively with individuals at all levels within the organisation.
- Well developed and demonstrated project/program management experience.
- Experience rallying and collaborating with folks who are not direct reports.
- Excellent problem solver, key to this role is the ability to see through challenges, identify problems and implement improvements
- High learning agility and dealing with ambiguity. Able to organise and prioritise with limited guidance and a focus on delivering exceptional customer service experiences.
- Experience in managing a globally distributed contingent workforce.
About the team
Canva People Group is a group of passionate and talented team members who are on a mission to "Empower our teams to do the best work of their lives". We do this through focussing on five key strategies; Empower ever person and every team; continuously upskill; achieve impactful goals and ensure we all feel we truly belong and thrive every day. The Global Workforce team is responsible for designing, optimising and maintaining sustainable work practices than enables the business to manage its contingent workforce effectively.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.