Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Auditing our current self-help journey for Canva users and creating a set of recommendations for our ongoing work in this space.
- Designing and validating our vision for a new search experience via user research, testing, and experimentation.
- Designing a more visual, multi-modal Help Center that empowers people to answer their questions with fit-for-purpose content.
- Defining and designing how we will scale personalisation in the Help Center to create a truly tailored self-help experience.
- Design how the Help Center seamlessly integrates with our other help and support channels such as chatbot and our diagnostic tools.
You're probably a match if
- You love to use your strengths in UX to navigate from chaos to clarity and help your team in imagining innovative solutions to real user problems.
- You have strong UI and interaction design skills and are able to build intuitive, delightful experiences for users. You can use flows, mockups, and prototypes to visually communicate your ideas both to end users and internal teams, and you sweat the details to keep the quality bar high in everything you do.
- You have experience connecting and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders from both inside and outside your team, building alignment and securing buy-in on your team’s ideas and direction.
- You're excited by working within a close-knit design team and contributing to building our design culture within the User Voice supergroup.
About the team
- Help and support, especially at scale, is a complex and exciting problem space. With a mission of “Every user empowered, every voice heard”, Canva’s User Voice super group is the critical interface to our most valuable partners; our users. We want to ensure that they have a flawless experience while using Canva products as we scale our way to support 1 billion users. Our teams are responsible for unlocking how we can deliver exceptional customer experience through streamlined and scalable systems, an optimized contact flow, expert support specialists, customer insights, plus tools to enable self-help such as our Help Center, Assistant and chat experience.
- Our Help Center team is part of our User Help Experience Group. Its mission is to empower users to find the answer they need, and is responsible for making it easy to find and use how-to and troubleshooting content as well as architecting the help experience platform that is at the heart of how we deliver help content to millions of Canva users around the world.
- But don't just take our word for it, check out what Design Lead - Chen Zhang Santos has to say about working in Design at Canva - "I love working at Canva because I really am empowering the world to design by designing"
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.