We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
Our Design Education Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Above all else, Design School aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and making them applicable, engaging and accessible to everyone. Our team has the ability to take a complex thing and communicate it simply with visuals. All the while, making sure our users learn.
About The Canva Creative Team
Canva’s in-house creative team is on a mission to make Canva the most loved brand in the world. We work from concept to creation on world-class creative across brand communications, marketing campaigns, editorial content and production.
As part of this team you’ll help create a brand that communicates our purpose, defines perception and awareness globally, and puts a spotlight on our diverse community– ensuring they receive a human, inspiring and empowering experience.
We move fast here at Canva, and this role will certainly keep you on your toes. We are looking for someone who loves to get stuff done. You’re who we want to work with if you can balance your brilliant creative streak with ruthless prioritisation that moves projects rapidly along.
We believe in attracting and nurturing world-class talent with a focus on diversity, community, career development – and doing the best work of our lives.
How We Work
Our internal clients include the Product Marketing, Brand Marketing & Channel Marketing teams as well as internal business teams such as our Leadership, Community, Recruitment & Vibe teams. We are responsible for championing a consistent and human brand, and evolving it over time as we learn, grow and pursue excellence in branding. This role will be working closely with the Design Education team, however, may cross over into other internal clients from time to time.
- Edit learn content in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Work with our Design Education Team to produce instructional content in a way that makes complex things simple for various audiences.
- Take a brief to grasp our production team’s needs and specifications, ensuring logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Consult with leads throughout the production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices for maximum efficiency
- Review scripts and raw material and assist with creating shot ideas and decisions
- Record screen actions using software like Camtasia and Screenflow.
- Create both 16:9 and 9:16 (vertical) videos for learning via YouTube and social.
- Create captions and subtitles whenever needed.
- Deliver the video content on time and provide fast revisions when necessary.
About your experience:
- 2+ years video editing experience (videographer, cinematographer, video editor, multimedia arts, motion designer, animator, communications design)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- Demonstrate video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Screen recording experience in Camtasia, ScreenFlow, Quicktime Player, OBS or similar software for high quality recordings
- Understand the importance of displaying UI, pace and video effects for learning.
- Has a strong eye and passion for or experience working with videos or motion design
- Exceptional speed at video editing
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.