We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the User Voice Group
Our Vision is “Every user empowered, every voice heard”. User Voice is our critical interface to our most valuable partners, our users. With more than 60 million monthly active users we have a critical need to ensure we’re ensuring that every Canva user has a flawless experience.
Since growing to a worldwide team of over 1,900 we need to work effectively together and improve our ability to scale efficiently on our way to supporting 1 Billion users.
User Voice is responsible for customer happiness and their ability to get help, clear insights to improve user experiences, and to ensure user trust through security and privacy. At Canva, our users are why we exist to Empower the World to Design and currently we have teams in Beijing, Austin, Manila and Sydney focused to support their needs.
About our User Insights Specialists
Given Canva’s exponential growth, we need to work effectively together and improve our feedback mechanisms with our users and scale our cross-group communications and processes between product, engineering, and support functions. To achieve our mission of Empowering the World to Design, we must move as one company with clear priorities and anchor on our customers as the source of truth.
As a User Insights Specialist in User Voice, you will ensure Canva has a clear understanding of our users’s biggest pain points. It is your mission to work closely with Product Managers and customer service teams to ensure a culture of continuous product improvement and scale of support operations. Leveraging your ability for deep analysis and telling compelling stories of opportunity, you will be the expert in customer reported production friction and drive improvement initiatives to best improve the customer experience through influence of product roadmaps. You will also partner with Product in the roll-out of new features to ensure customer service teams are prepared and we identify new areas of product friction early.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with our Customer Happiness Team for deep understanding of customer pain points and high volume issues slowing customers and Canva down
- Perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis of customer-reported issues to break problem areas down into actionable insights for feature teams
- Drive data roadmap requirements with data analysts and engineers so that we may continually refine our instrumentation and allow you and PMs to self-serve insights
- Establish close working relationships with product managers across the business to understand product goals and roadmaps so that you may partner effectively on improvement initiatives and roll-out of new features
- Be a conduit of effective communication between product feature teams and the Customer Happiness Team in a particular domain and/or strategic initiatives
- Be strategic in approach to solving problems through broader understanding of both support and product goals, challenges and opportunities
- Create cross-group workflows, artefacts, and measures of success for repeatable patterns of product improvement and rollout
Experience you'll need
- 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of experience as an analyst, product manager, or customer support focused on improvement in a SaaS company
- Strong analytic skills to leverage reporting tools and analyse raw data to break down into compelling insights and business cases for improvement
- Highly desirable to have experience working within high-growth companies and large support organisations
- Knowledgeable in agile product development processes and working collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A curious, positive attitude and approach to solving problems and communicating the value of improving the customer experience
- A natural communicator who leads through influence, not authority
- A love for navigating complexity and tackling ambiguous problems
- Dedicated to personal growth and improving your craft
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.