Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney. We also have a campus in Melbourne and co-working spaces in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. But you have choice in where and how you work. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
About the group
The Information Technology Group’s vision is to maximize the potential of every Canvanaut through world class technology & service. This is a pivotal group at Canva where you will be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing team as we strive to radically innovate the foundational infrastructure of our access management technology.
About the team
The Hardware & Access Management team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of Access Management & IT Asset Management (ITAM) technology across our internal IT systems We use Okta as our primary IdP, and with the scale of our organisation we’re constantly integrating new technology and applications.
This includes SaaS onboarding & off-boarding, entitlement propagation, supporting flexible employment patterns, application integration & access management, and more! We’re looking for someone to help continue our investment into scalable identity & access systems and beyond.
What you'll be doing!
- Implementing end-to-end Access Management Controls on new and existing Third-Party SaaS systems (SSO, Authentication, Authorisation, Role-Based Access, Identity Lifecycle, User Access review)
- Scaling our Access Request system by integrating multiple backend tools to build a seamless and delightful experience for our Canvanauts
- Make Complex Things Simple by automating existing and new business processes using code (Python, Go) and Integration Platform as a Service tools (iPaaS)
- Providing L2/L3 technical support in our Access Management ticket queue, dealing with request, change, escalations, incidents and consulting services to name a few
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship for our team and partner teams
- Using data-driven approaches to identify trends, problem areas, and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritisation
- Evaluating new and emerging technologies, features, and products that make it easier to optimally build a mature Access Management practice
- Supporting our Canva Systems Catalogue implementation by ensuring that integrations, processes and the infrastructure that power it is accessible and reliable
- Proven and demonstrable experience in Access Management or IAM
- Outstanding knowledge of Access Management principles and standard methodologies.
- Experience configuring identity and Access Management (IAM) tools, i.e. SSO and MFA
- Deep technical knowledge of app integration protocols such as SCIM, SAML, and OIDC
- Good experience in Okta configuration for large enterprises
- Experience automating business processes with IPaaS tools or using code to automate processes in Python or Go
Nice to have:
- Experience with Terraform. Bonus points for the official Okta Terraform Provider!
- Experience with OneTrust as a Systems Catalogue or similar systems like Backstage, OpsLevel, etc.
- Experience with CMDBs to support IT Asset Management operations
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.